When we get home, Graham has a relapse into the land of crazy as he runs into Ethan's room.
I guess I can't blame him. He hasn't had a chance to hold Ethan yet.
When I make my way into the room, I see my two favorite guys snuggling.
Graham hasn't turned to look at me, but he knows I'm in the room as he happily says, "He looks like you."
I chuckle. "He's a baby. You can't really tell yet."
"He has your skin tone," Graham uses to help his argument.
"I guess so," I admit. I still think that we really can't tell, but I know people like to do that: try to figure out as soon as a child is born which parent it resembles most.
"Are you feeling okay?" I ask him while he kisses Ethan.
"I'm feeling perfect. Why do you ask?"
"Uh, because you passed out in the delivery room?" I ask, teasing him. I'm not about to let him live that down any time soon.
He starts putting Ethan back into his crib. "You're right. Maybe I shouldn't be holding him."
Oops. "That's not what I meant," I say quickly, and he stands up to see my apologetic expression. "I was just asking..."
"I'm sorry I passed out. I was terrified because there was absolutely nothing I could do; I felt so helpless. You needed me to just be beside you, and I behaved like a lunatic." He offers an apologetic smile.
"Graham, you were just a victim of programming."
"I didn't want to be a victim of programming," he gently argues.
"I was teasing you. It was actually kind of cute now that I look back on it," I tell him and take a little step closer. His expression immediately changes, dropping the apologetic look and taking on a more lustful one.
"Me passing out on the floor is cute, huh?" he asks quietly, his gaze resting on my lips.
"Because you were so worried about me," I tell him while his hand slowly moves up my arm.
"I was worried about you," he admits, his hand at my shoulder. His other hand holds my waist, my magically much-smaller waist.
"And that's cute," he states in a questioning way.
I let out a quick giggle. "Yes."
He kisses me, and both of us sigh with relief. Ever since my preterm labor episode, the only kiss I'd get from him would be a little peck. He'd been afraid to do more. "Are you okay?" he asks, his lips not leaving mine.
I take in a deep breath through my nose before I answer, "No." Then I kiss him back harder, demanding entry into his mouth. Oh maker I have missed him! I mentally exclaim as I push him back against the wall.
Breathing heavily, he reminds me, "You just had a baby."
I use my elbows to press his shoulders against the wall, and my fingers thread into his hair. "I'm a sim." He matches my untamed lust when I kiss him again.
The Maker better have removed that mod...
Graham and I both take leave from work, and we settle into a happy routine of caring for Ethan. The Maker finally takes pictures of one of the many times DeShawn comes to visit.
They're just not very good pictures.
Graham has to go back to work sooner than I do. Even when I finally end up going back to work, we still won't have to put Ethan in child care because of our schedules. I kiss Graham as he leaves each morning.
He's told me that he's about to receive another promotion and that this will mean that he'll have to travel. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Click here to go to chapter 41
















dun..dun...dun...That looks that that Goth kid at the door. This can't be good. He's tracked them down.
ReplyDeleteLol at the 'dun dun dun.'
DeleteYa think?