Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Chain Reaction 2.51: Stir Crazy




Emily

      Since I've not been with Drake, I've spent more time at home. Bella has loved this. I have to admit: she's cute. It's just hard to stay irritated at that face.

     "And then Mr. Frog and Mr. Rabbit had a race. 'You're never going to beat me!' said Mr. Rabbit. 'I can run the fastest in the forest, everyone knows that.' Mr. Frog let Mr. Rabbit boast because he had a surprise for Mr. Rabbit."
     "Surprise!" She raises her hands in the air as she says it. That's one of Bella's favorite words.
     I look at my sister. "That's right. What do you think the surprise will be?"
     "Cake!" Another of her favorite words.
     I have to laugh. We've been slowly working on my birthday cake, and Bella has gotten a piece or two. That's why Mom and Dad had trouble getting her to go to sleep the other day.
     "Well, let's find out." I go on to read how Mr. Frog knows a shortcut through a creek, and he swims to victory. "The end."

     "Again," Bella says and looks at me expectantly. If it were Mom or Dad reading the story, they'd probably read it to her thirty times before calling it quits. They've already spoiled her.
     I look at the time on my phone. "No, sweetie, it's nap time."
     "No nap. Book." She's not arguing with me. It's more like she stated it therefore it must happen.
     "Maybe later. It's nap time."

     "No nap, Sissy. No nap." She tries to argue her case.
     "Bella, if you don't get a nap, you'll be cranky all afternoon," I tell her patiently.


   I agree to read her the story one. more. time. "Mr. Rabbit hopped up to Mr. Frog. Mr. Rabbit said, 'I'll bet I can hop higher than you, farther than you, and faster than you."
     As expected, I don't even make it to the middle of the book, and she's sound asleep.

     Mom is actually a little jealous that Bella keeps asking for me. I don't know why. Out of the three of us, I spoil her the least.

     I have to get out of this house! I'm going stir crazy!
     I've been meaning to call Alex to see if he's found me a job. I wanted to see what he could do first before I went out with a resume.
     I guess I could go by his house. That would get me out of this house, and maybe he's not too busy to work on the rocket. I don't really want to do it by myself.

     I knock on the door, but Alex startles me, walking in from the door leading to the other balcony. I make a noise and spin around to him happily saying hello.

2 comments:

  1. Oh god I haven't checked on this blog in a week. There are so many new chapters! I am in heaven

    ReplyDelete