Monday, May 8, 2017

Chain Reaction 2.44: Oh Yeah





Ethan

     Claire has finally graduated with her degree. I'm so proud of her. I love that she got to finish her degree at home with me and Mikey.
      Being a parent is awesome. Claire is an awesome mom. Every time I see her cuddling our baby, I don't know, I can't explain it, but it turns me on like crazy. Maybe it's an instinct thing like my body says, 'This is the woman I want to have all my children.'
      Children.
      Things are working out well for me in work. Claire did such an awesome job carrying Mikey...

     "Let's make another baby."
     She giggles.
     "I'm serious. Let's have another one right now so that Mikey can have someone to play with."
     "What about Isabella? They're practically the same age," she reasons.
     I don't want to listen to reason. I want to impregnate my wife again. "I mean like a sibling, not an aunt who's his age who lives in a separate house."
     "You really think that's a good idea?"
     "Yes," I get in before she finishes what she wants to say.
      She keeps going like I didn't say anything. "What will we do about our finances? Can we afford another baby?"
      "Sure!"
      "What if it's a girl? We'll either have to renovate this house or buy another one." She implies that we wouldn't ask Mikey to share a bedroom with a sister. Brother, yes, but not a sister.
      I shrug. "Whatever we have to do, we'll find a way to do it. I want this, Claire." I'm about ready to woohoo her right here on the couch.
      "Another baby," she states like a question.
      "Yes."

      I kiss her before she can think up any other points to argue. I really like playing with her tongue. She tries to talk, but I won't release her mouth, making her talking make no sense. She pulls back, but I use that opportunity to lie down on top of her on the couch.
     "Maker, Ethan!" She can tell how turned on I am.
     "Oh, yeah," I say in a way that would normally make her crack up laughing, except this time I'm absolutely serious. "Have my baby again, you hot mama."
     She smiles from what I said for half a second before her face screws up from how good I'm making her feel. "We can afford this?"
     I'll find a way, even if it's a girl. "Yes."
     "Not on the couch," she breathes.
     "Fair enough."

      Oh. Yeah.
      I realize it may not happen immediately, but Claire and I are young. Plus, the Maker installed a mod that reduces chance of pregnancy from a 'try for baby' down to 40%. Normally, I might think that's mean, but that only means more woohoo, which is never a bad thing.



     Finally, I track down the guy the Landgraabs used, Masato Ishikawa. I have to arrest the guy with my mom right there on the treadmill (the far one). Apparently, this guy has been working with the Landgraabs for decades. I've apprehended someone, but I'm not satisfied.

      He doesn't look happy to be here. Can't say I blame him. I'd honestly rather have Malcolm sitting there again than this guy. He was just a tool, but I hope he's at least a tool I can use.

      "I still don't know why I'm here, Detective Taylor. I didn't steal the files." Yeah, he looks pissed off.
      "I told you when I arrested you," I tell him, getting defensive. "You're charged with hacking into the police database. Interesting you would mention the files, though."
      Now he looks defensive.
      "Just which files were you referring to, Mr. Ishikawa?"

     "Everyone knows how you arrested Malcolm Landgraab for stealing documents from his father. Then, you had to let him go. The only thing I could guess would be you trying to pin it on someone else."
     "Nope. That case was closed. Someone hacked into our system and deleted all electronic traces of that case, however."
     "Then, I would assume the Landgraabs themselves would be to blame, wouldn't you? What am I doing here?"
     Good. He's already sounding like he's ready to squeal on the Landgraabs to save his own skin.


      "You're here because we have on record how you've periodically taken employment from the Landgraabs." I show him a personnel file, one of the few things about the Landgraabs' involvement that I can legally use. "We had a top expert trace the attack to your house, Mr. Ishikawa."
     "You did? When was this?"
     I tell him the date, eagerly expecting what he'll say next.

     He sighs, sounding relieved. "I was out of town. I was traveling to Isla Paradiso on that date. I could get witnesses to prove it."
     I decide to play nice. After all, I need this guy on my side. "We know you weren't in your house when the attack was launched."
     "Then why do all this to me?" he asks, irritated.
     "What sort of work did you do for the Landgraabs, Mr. Ishikawa?"
     He gestures to the file as I gather it back together. "Look for yourself. They hired me to do internet security for them, to also outfit their house's security system."
     "You base your business out of your home, correct?"
     "Yes. Through the years, I've dropped clients that went to GothNet Security. Working with the Landgraabs is all I need to live a comfortable life." He pauses. "The Landgraabs paid for my trip to Isla Paradiso."
      Yes! "How convenient for them."
      "Are you suggesting they used my house to launch an attack from there?"

     "When we arrived on the scene, the Landgraabs were in your house."
     "What?!" He looks mad enough to sing like a canary.
     "They claimed they were renting it from you." That was really stupid of them. Why would they stay there at the scene of the crime for so long?
      "I had no idea! Please, Agent, I mean, Detective Taylor, I didn't know. I didn't do this! I'm interested in security not cyber attacks." He puts his head in his hand.
      "You know what, Mr. Ishikawa? I believe you." I lean forward.

     "After all these years, how could they do this to me? How could they frame me like this?"
     I don't think he's expecting an answer, but I give him one anyway. "Because, to them, you're just one of the little people that don't matter."
     "If you believe me, may I go? I didn't do it. I was framed."

     "Unfortunately, Mr. Ishikawa, you're still our primary suspect."
     "But you said you believe me!"
     "Help me clear your name." Oh yeeeaaahhh, I have this 'good cop' thing down pat. "I need you to help me catch the Landgraabs." I watch him and wonder at the trace amount of fear in his expression. "Otherwise, all this information we've collected doesn't look good for you at all."

     "You're just a boy. You don't understand what this will mean. The Landgraabs... They're dangerous, Agent Taylor."
     "Detective," I correct him. Why does he keep accidentally calling me 'Agent' Taylor?
     "Right." He sighs. "You don't understand. They have connections. Everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Some above your head."
     "You mean dirty cops?" Surely, he doesn't mean the chief. Right?
     "Higher than cops." He keeps his eyes closed like he doesn't want to look at me, like he's ashamed. "There are some things which I cannot say. I fear for my life if I do."
     "Mr. Ishikawa, I need your help. If you need it, we can provide protection."
     "Then I would fear for the protection too."
     "If you don't help me, I have no choice but to charge you with the crime."

     "That's not right! I didn't do it!"
     I shrug, pretending not to care for a minute. "Like I said, without you willing to point your finger at the Landgraabs, all the evidence points to you, no matter my personal opinions." Well, not all the evidence--but any evidence that can hold water. "At the beginning of this, you looked ready to do that."
     "I had not realized how far they went to pin this on me."
     I give him a pointed look.
     "I was on vacation!"
     "You could've done the attack remotely. After all, you're an expert in your field. How convenient for you to be so far off-site when the attack came." I'm jerking his chain to get a rise out of him. Come on!
     "Give me time to think."
     "Sure," I say, knowing if I push harder right now that I could lose everything. I escort him back to the cell.

     Giving Mr. Ishikawa time to think, I don't want to stand around and look like I'm wasting time, so I decide to help out the recruits at the booking station. Officers have recently arrested some women charged with prostitution. I point to one of the blondes and ask her to come with me.
     The other blonde calls through the bars, "Oh, baby, where did you come from? You sure you don't want me coming with you? I'd let you frisk me nice and slow. You know, so you can make sure you get a decent 'feel.'" She smiles at me in a lewd way.
     The woman outside the cell with me says, "No way, Steph. He picked me. Didn't you, baby?"
     I feel a hand on my back start sliding down my backbone, and I spin around and catch her wrist. She merely smiles before I push her ahead of me.

     She somehow manages to wind up walking next to me instead. "Maybe after this we can go find somewhere more private. Then I could take that stressed look off your face. Your job must be so hard." She grabs my butt!
     "Ma'am, try that again and I'll arrest you for assault!" I'm pissed now. Not only is she old and unattractive, she's treating me like a piece of meat! Have these women no shame?
     After getting shoved in front of me, she purrs. "You don't have to be so touchy. Well, maybe you can."
     I roll my eyes and don't respond. Down the hallway, I hear weeping.

      It's Mr. Ishikawa.
      If it weren't for continually having to dodge the tart's attempts to pet me, I could have a moment to wonder what exactly would make him cry.

Click Newer Post or here to go to 2.45

No comments:

Post a Comment