Monday, April 10, 2017

Don't Ask 1.2: What All Questions Do




Welcome back to the land of Kyle!

Kyle: Shut up. I'm busy.

Whoa! Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Kyle: If I'm going to kick some butt, I have to practice.

When Iris moved in, she brought with her almost 20k. I've been upgrading different things in the apartment. Hm. Now that I say that, I see that this pic doesn't show the new bed. Never mind.

Kyle at work. They've started using this bedroom. I eventually move the pic they have over their bed.

What are you thinking about, Kyle?

Kyle: Nothing.

Okay.

GeekCon arrives in town, so of course Kyle has to go.

Kyle: I'm going to destroy these losers.

As long as it's not with your fists.

Kyle: I don't have to use my fists...this time. This programming competition is mine!

Funny how the other competitors also aren't dressed up in silly costumes. I guess they're the more serious side of geekdom.

Kyle: Only 69?!

69 is a good number...

Not even buying a new shirt can make Kyle feel better about not getting a 100%.

There. See? You still got 1st place.

Kyle: I like glitter.
Salim: Me too.
Kyle: Hey! Look! I'm stacking invisible-but-not boxes!
Salim: I'm kicking balls.
Kyle: What?

Here's the computer he won. I sold the computer I first bought for him, banking another 3k. BTW, they're still spending about as fast as it's coming in. Or... I'm spending, I guess you could say.

Uh... What?
This drives me crazy because Origin can't keep up if I play on multiple computers. My Mac STILL says that the last time I played was July 2016. Ugh.

I took out the bar in between the kitchen and living room and made it an actual bar in between the living room and the kitchen.

Because...

Kyle: Hey! What do you get when you cross a llama and a boiled egg?
Dude next to him: A really lame party!

Roll Reveal
For my generational goal I rolled Party King. I have to throw at least 4 different kinds of parties and get a gold medal for each one. Thus far, Kyle has thrown 2 just plain, regular house parties. Each of them have SUCKED because of one stupid reason or another. Basically giving me insurmountable tasks.

Then, after each party, whenever Salim happens to pop by, it acts like it's the party thing again (only with no reward when I do the things on the list). Another bug, I guess. Sigh.

And I have no idea what you get when you cross a llama and a boiled egg.

Speaking of Salim...
Don't you hate it when your friend throws a party and doesn't invite you?!

Salim: I was just practicing my flute.
Kyle: Right. A "flute" was making all that noise.

Uh, sure, Salim. "Practicing your flute" huh?
I have a dirty mind.

Oh! Ouch! That was harsh!

Kyle: Do you love me?
Iris: What kind of question is that?
Kyle: The kind of question that I want to find out something.
Iris: Isn't that what all questions do?
Kyle: So do you?
Iris: Do I what?

Kyle: Do you love me and wanna have my babies and all that. That's what I mean.
Iris: You want babies?
Kyle: Well, yeah. This is a legacy, after all.
Iris: Oh is that what you call it. I thought it was just you pissing around, not getting anything accomplished and wasting your life away doing crap that doesn't matter.
Kyle: I want to get married.
Iris (hopeful): Are you asking me to marry you?
Kyle: No.
Iris: Huh?
Kyle: I'm asking you if you want me to ask you.
Iris: Yes.

He's happy.

Kyle: NOW I'm asking you to marry me.
Iris: Yes!
Kyle: I haven't asked you yet. Chill. Let me do this right.

Oh no. Please no cheesy overly-romantic proposal. Even though I'm a romance writer, that stuff makes me nauseated. I normally just skim over that crap, accepting that other people eat it up. Not me.

Kyle: Iris, from the moment I met you...

A few days ago.

Kyle (cont'd): I knew you were the girl for me. Yes, you called me a dweeb, but I hope I'm your favorite dweeb. I'll gladly be the most important dweeb in your heart--

AH! HELP ME! MAKE IT STOP!

Kyle (cont'd): Of all the women in the game, I think you're the most wonderful, the most--
Iris: Yes.
Kyle: I'm not finished.

YES YOU ARE!

Iris: Look, Kyle! The Maker got rid of the awful plumbob for five seconds!
Kyle: Then, let's celebrate by getting engaged.
Iris: Okay!

Iris: Oh, it's so huge!
Kyle (grins, thinking she meant something else): I know.
Iris: I hope She remembers to change my outfits so that I'm always wearing it.
Kyle: Huh?

Sigh.
Tune in next time for...
Kyle: Now we can have a wedding party and maybe get it right this time.
Iris (sarcastic): Yes, because that's what it's all about.

Click here to go to 1.3

2 comments:

  1. I just realized Kyle lives in the same apartment as the newest sim I made. I wanted to play around with the City Living EP so made one for that purpose. LOL

    Congrats on the engagment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a great apartment! Notice how very little I've redecorated. Me lazy.

      Thanks!

      Delete