Sunday, February 17, 2013

Rose 16: Slow dancing is kind of stupid




This one will be told in Fiona's perspective. From now on, unless it's Rose (or the subsequent heirs), I'll put their name in the beginning of the p.o.v. change like I do in my other stories.

--------------------------------------------------

Fiona


     I'm getting a little concerned about my Mom. She's a little flaky, but I love her anyway. I offer to switch rooms with my brothers especially since Link is out of his crib. She acts like she likes that idea.

    Being the sims that we are, this gets done immediately. Oh, you can see the alchemy station that mom finally got us. I can't wait to try it out. Also, yes, that's my baby brother on the other porch. It takes Dad a little bit to fix that.
    Anyway, back to my room. I take the front one and just let Mom put her easel in there. She moves in my alchemy cabinet, but I have to tolerate the toybox staying in its old spot. I gave up my rocking horse and dollhouse. Donovan loves to play with the dollhouse. 
    Mom bought the boys bunk beds since Donovan's birthday isn't far off. Skye just sleeps in the swing. It's all good.

     Link's new look. He has to go to bed now. I like that Mom doesn't mind that I stay up. A few of the guys that came to the party are still hanging around.

    Namely, the Bianchi boys. I have classes now with Galen, and I like Beppe's newer hairstyle better than his old one. 
    I stand here and make a little small talk, and I can't help but notice where Beppe's eyes stray frequently.
     "Hey, Beppe?" Galen asks, trying to get his attention. "Maybe we should get going."

    "In a minute." he answers him, still staring. I'm about to do something really rude if he doesn't start looking at my face soon. Mom gave me a wand after all....
    "Whatever. I'm tired." Galen gripes to him. "I'm going home. Happy birthday, Fiona." he says on his way out.
     Okay, so now it's just me and Beppe.
     He goes outside and gets another slice of cake while I put away all the leftovers.

    He stands up and leaves his plate on the table while I walk over to him.
    "You know, you don't have to stay." I say.
    "Are you tired?" he asks.
    "Um, no actually I'm good for a few more hours." I say.
    "Cool. So... what should we do now?"
     Heck if I know.
     "Oh! That reminds me." he says while I stand here awkwardly. "Prom is coming up and-"
     "I can't dance." I lie real quick for some reason. I got the feeling he was about to ask me to prom, but I don't think I want to go, or I don't think I want to go with him.

    "Really? Then what do you call what you were doing at that recital my mom forced me to go to?" he asks.
      Crap. "Um, well, that was ... ballet, and I don't think that'll help me much."

     "Oh, well then it shouldn't be a problem. I mean, you do know how to move your body, right?" he asks, and I just stand here mutely, rooted to the floor. "Besides," he continues, "slow dancing is nothing."
     My dad is in the next room, I remind myself.

   "Here. Let me show you." he says, and all of a sudden his arm goes around my waist while his free hand puts one of my hands on his shoulder and flat-out takes the other one.
     Does he think I'm stupid? Of course I know there's nothing to slow dancing. I thought he meant like dancing dancing. I can't move like those cheerleaders at school.
     "Beppe, I know how to slow dance. I mean, I've obviously never done it before, but it's the easiest thing in the world." I say as his arm tightens around me.

    "Oh! Good." he says with a smile. "Then I don't suppose you'll mind it if we keep doing it anyway?" He pulls me right up to him as we sway back and forth on one spot. His hand clamps around my fingers.
      Slow dancing is kind of stupid. All it really is is an excuse to hold me close to him... too close. Besides, the song on the stereo doesn't lend itself towards slow dancing. I don't suppose he cares.

     "It's impossible that you have a date for prom yet, so I assume you don't." he says.
     "Didn't you go last year?" I ask to avoid the question/statement.
     "Yes. With Alessandra, but she's graduated." he says almost in a huff. I think he's starting to catch on. "And I'd like to go this year too, but not alone."
      Now what? I think frantically.
      "I don't know if I'll even go." I say just before I watch him start to form the words.
      "Why not?" he asks, looking almost crestfallen.
      "Because it seems like a silly waste of time to me."
      "It's not."
      And this is a guy saying this. What happened to the whole shyness where the boys stand on one side of the room and the girls on the other?
        He keeps talking. "It's not because it really depends on who you go with."
        "Oh?" I ask, wondering why he hasn't given up yet. At any rate, it makes me curious, and I have this sadistic urge to see how far I can push him.
        "Yeah." he says. "For instance, what if you and I go together?"
        "I suppose that's a possibility." I say vaguely.
        "Why have it just a possibility? Why not a reality?" The boy actually acts like he's going to kiss me! The nerve of him!

    I quickly lean back, almost forcing him to dip me.
    "Fiona, I'm trying to ask you to prom." he says point-blank before I have to unbend. I could stay like this for a while, but it would be a little ridiculous.
     Fine. "And I'm trying to tell you I'm not sure I want to go." I tell him, also point-blank, as I get face-to-face with him.
      "So I take it that's a 'no'?"
      "That's a maybe." I say, surprising myself. Why did I say maybe?

    He takes a step back with a small, resigned sigh. "Well," he says, "we have a little bit before prom anyway. Maybe I can change your mind."
     Great. Give him hope, why don't you? Still, why didn't I just say no?
     He pulls my hands behind him, also bringing me up closer to him. I have to quickly turn my head before he can kiss me. His lips end up on my cheek.
     He laughs a little at my stunt before he says, "Goodnight, Fiona."

    The next morning, I get bored. My homework is done. Allen has to work today. I find this out when I call him to see if he wants to hang out. The only other person I can think to try is Crystal, but I don't really much like her or Angela. So, I decide I'll just go see what's going on at the fairgrounds.

    I'm not there long when Allen's older brother walks up to me. I'd been looking for eggs.
    "Hey, birthday girl." he says with a sly smile. Today is my actual birthday, but we celebrated a day early. I don't know how Antonio found out.
     I offer him a half-smile as I say, "Hey yourself." He never paid much attention to me before. I guess I was always his kid brother's little friend. "So what are you up to?"

      "Just enjoying my day off! I signed up with the fire station." he tells me.
      "You're a firefighter? They let teens do that?" I ask, incredulous.
      He laughs a little and says, "Yeah, all I had to do was go sign up at the courthouse."
      Orlando walks by as he says this. Now, that is one boy I really need to steer clear of. I remember quite clearly two girls at each other's throats about him, and he just stood there with his arms folded and a smile on his face like he was enjoying it.
     Antonio has just broken up with his girlfriend... someone named Marta. I've never met her.
     "So, um," I start to ask, "if I wanted to like, be an alchemist or something, I could just go and do it?" Orlando laughs and walks off. I'm glad.
      "That's right." he answers me. Then we have an awkward silence. I want to go and continue my egg search, but I don't want to be rude.

    "So, what are you up to?" he asks.
    I shrug. "I'm just doing the egg hunt thing and really stinking at it."
    "I can't imagine you stinking at anything." he says, surprising me with this look he has in his eyes.
     There aren't enough girls in this town.
     "Uh, well I do. I think I found like... one." I look up at him sheepishly and grin.
     "Sometimes it's easier to find what you're looking for, and sometimes it's not."
     "Sage advice." I say, looking at him strangely.
     "Well, then let me help you find what you're looking for." he offers.

    "Oh, don't worry about it. I don't really have to find a bunch of stupid eggs." I say quickly. We're quiet again for a minute.
     "I hated leaving your party early last night like I did. I'd wanted to stay, but the station wanted me to come in." he says finally.
     "It's okay. Most everyone left right after you anyway. Well, I mean Beppe and Galen stayed, but then Galen said he was tired." I bite my lip to keep from saying any more. I kind of like Antonio even though he never paid any attention to me. Why would he want someone like me anyway? For some reason, I don't want to tell him how I danced with Beppe and that he asked me to prom.
      "So it was just you and Beppe and your family." he says dryly.
      "For a little while, yes." What is he getting at with that pensive look?
      "Hey." he says, acting like he wants to change the subject. "They got this new photo thing over behind the concession stands. Want to go give it a go?"
       "Sure, why not? I'm game for anything." I say, and he snaps his head around to me with this crazy smile on his face.

    When we approach it, however, I get second thoughts. "Um, that little space for us to sit in is a little too little. I don't know how I feel about being that close to the thing that takes the pictures. Besides, how do we know it's not set up by some government agency to keep track of people secretly?"
     He gives me a strange look. "I thought you game for anything, but if you're afraid..."
     "Afraid? Me? No way. I just ... wonder."
      He laughs a little and says, "Come on, Fiona."

    It's really cramped in here, so I have to end up sitting on his legs... um, lap. Then, he tickles me with no warning while the camera snaps away.
     "Hey!" I squeal. "Quit it!" I hate that I'm laughing hysterically. At least he distracted me from the little spy machine inside the camera.
      We get outside and he grabs the picture before I can get a hold of it.
     "Let me see!" I try to reach for it, but he holds it away from me, using his taller height to easily keep the thing out of my reach. "Tony! I want to see it!" I complain.
       He laughs and then says, "In a minute."
      "Why?" I fail yet again to snatch the picture from him.
       He grins and says, "I'll let you see it on one condition. In fact, I'll give it to you."
       I let out a huff and ask, "What?"
      "If you go to prom with me." he says, and I immediately stop trying to snatch it out of his hand.
      "Huh?" I ask stupidly.
      "Why do you act surprised?" he asks. "Oh. I see. You wanted to go with Allen."
      "We're just friends." I say with my heart racing uncontrollably.
     "Beppe then. The way he was staring at you, and then how he stayed. You're going with him, aren't you?" he asks, looking a little deflated. "I'm too late."
       I'm still trying to get over the fact that he just asked me. "I ... He asked me, but I didn't really give him an answer."
       He looks determined now. "Then tell him no." He puts the picture away in that mysterious place where everything goes... even cars sometimes.

    Before I even know what's going on, he kisses me! My first kiss, and it's a real sneak attack. He's quicker than Beppe.

     I just stand here and wonder when he's going to back off, but he doesn't for a long while. Well, I guess it's not actually that long, but time feels like it's slowed down. The sounds of the other people in the park sound far away.... almost like they're in another world. He pulls back for a second and kisses me again real quick.
      "Kiss me back, Fiona." he requests quietly, and I feel like the ground just abandoned my feet. Any second now, and I'm going to fall through the world.

    He stops me from falling through the world when his arms fly around me. I limply try to right myself by holding onto him. I did not expect him to say that.
     Antonio hovers near my lips, waiting, and I say pathetically, "I don't know how." Unlike with the slow dancing, I really don't know how, and I feel silly with him being so much older than me.
     I expect him to laugh at me, but he doesn't. Instead, he says, "It's not too hard to figure out. Try."
     I hate the fact that I'm shaking, but I do my best to ignore it and just bring my lips to his.

    He responds immediately, much to my eternal relief. I don't know why he made me do that, but I kinda like that he did. Where's the next challenge? Bring it on.
     I quickly figure out what the next one is when his mouth forces mine to open and this kiss gets much more involved. Again, I have no idea what I'm doing, but like he said, it's not too hard to figure out.
     In the back of my mind, I worry that someone will discover us, and I'll get in trouble. However, it's not enough of a worry to make me want to stop. I like this.
      Tony. Who knew? Well, other than him obviously.
      I have no real idea how long I've been kissing him, but it's been a while. The sun has set and the moon has started coming up... not that I've really noticed. He acts like he doesn't want to stop either.

    I feel slightly disconnected from my body when he pulls back for just a second to ask, "Prom?"
    I nod my head real fast and say "Yeah" real quick so he will get back to kissing me already. He just smiles, and I get impatient.

    He takes the hint, and I can't help but feel he's thinking 'well, since you asked for it'. He starts getting a little crazy, and I'm not exactly comfortable with where his hands travel.
     When his hand starts up under my shirt, I know I've had enough.

    After I pull his hand away, he pulls back to look at me with an apologetic expression. He laughs a little nervously. I don't know why he's nervous. I just didn't feel ready for that. Now I feel silly.
    "Aw, you're even prettier when you blush." he says like he's talking to a puppy or something.
    "Right." I say, totally not believing him.
    He laughs out loud.

     "We'd probably better get back to our homes before we break curfew. I don't think that's the best way to start our relationship." he says quietly.
      Our relationship? Well, I guess all that couldn't be interpreted very many ways.
      He looks at me seriously and says, "Tell Beppe you said no, that you're going to prom with your boyfriend." Then, he actually looks a little unsure of himself as he asks, "That's okay, right?"
       Well, thanks for asking. "Mhm." I answer quickly. I have a boyfriend. And it's Tony.
       He smiles, and he gives me one more quick kiss before we walk hand-in-hand to go our separate ways once we get to the road.

-------------------------

I have no gossip to report. Hehe, this actually all happened in a very short period of time that I drew out in my typical fashion. :)

I think I'm going to have to make SP or whatever it is that allows YA/teen relationships because I feel at any moment that Antonio could age up again.

10 comments:

  1. Yeah, I like Antonio better than Beppe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Beppe was pushy. Hm, well, so was Antonio. I guess Tony was just quicker, like she said... it also helped that she liked him already.

      Her lips are getting on my last nerve...

      Delete
  2. Woohooer is what allows teen/adult relationships. The kissing/hugging is very glitchy though...

    I laughed the whole way through this. It sounds familiar... kinda like a girl in a couple of your other stories... Marie? I think that was her name... :p You've even subconciously thrown the brothers in there!

    Other than that, I like Tony. I was creeped out by where Beppe's eyes were most of the time, but boys will be boys!

    What's wrong with her lips? Why are they on your nerves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah okay. I think I have that. I also remember seeing one of the options in SP for something like that. Hm, I THINK I have woohooer. Lee and Lea's mom got preggers when she was a teen by a YA so idk. But that was ages ago.
      Oh, I'd fix the whole huggy/kissy thing with poses and OMSP. Like I did with Darren and Dorothy. (that and lots of photo editing)

      Oh no! I'm doubling up. Drat. Well, you're right. The brothers is Gloria, and she does sound a little like Gloria. Esp with the whole "Who knew? Well, other than ___ of course." I realized as I was proofing that I've used that line before. Oh well, it was only once and a while ago.
      Still, I have the slight challenge of a technophobe/daredevil to put in action.

      I cracked up laughing. The boy literally stood there and WOULDN"T STOP STARING!!!! Then the whole thought bubble popped up over his head, and I nearly peed myself. And Galen standing there looking annoyed. Priceless.

      I just think her features are pinched. That's probably why I put loads of makeup on her. Her eyes are her best feature, but I like that hat, so I did the CC eyeliner I had. Her bottom lip... I even tried to see if I could make a minor adjustment and gave up because there's no fixing that without just slapping on some completely different lips. Besides, I want to see how she'll turn out as a YA. Teens can look awkward at times and then turn out to be gorgeous adults.

      Delete
  3. Jeez, I must be the only one who likes Beppe better than Antonio. Very, very awkward XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad about that!!! Somebody's gotta be on Beppe's team! :D

      You make a very valid point. Antonio was every bit as pushy as Beppe was... in fact, maybe even more. I can well imagine that if Fiona had turned her head with Tony, he would've turned it back towards him himself and kissed her anyway. I guess we'll never know because Tony figured he'd have to be fast. Then he just Assumed that he and Fiona were going steady. Yep, awkward. Good for Tony that she liked him before all this.

      Very cool of you to make me think.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh That Boy and his Roaming Eyes.... I guess they didn't really roam anywhere though, really. haha

    wheeee! *LOL* ... Glad to know Allen is just a friend, or this would cause a feud! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He kept STARING at her! Then I decided to make something of it.
      ...

      Delete
  5. LOL well you did a great job! and I don't like Beppe either. I do think Fiona and Tony make a great couple :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beppe was pushy in a bad way. Tony was pushy in a good way. Fine line. :)

      Delete