"Dad, I need to talk to you," I say, cornering him before he can walk into the kitchen to get some dessert.
"Okay..." he answers, leaving the word hanging to show his curiosity.
"I...Well, I... Oh, just sit down," I finally say, and he has a seat at the table.
Dad takes a deep breath and holds it.
He still hasn't let it out. I want him to breathe, so I blurt out, "I'm pregnant."
Mandi, obviously having heard me, goes stock still in shock. She's been a bit unpredictable since coming back to life.
Dad looks down and away, and I've never seen him look so old. His shoulders slump, and I'd swear tears were on their way.
His voice sounds hoarse when he croaks, "How long?" He clears his throat.
"I'm actually about two months in."
Mandi turns to face me. Sometimes, I think she has real difficulty seeing me as not a toddler, child, or young teen anymore. She stares at me as if to register this fact in her mind again.
"Does Rashawn know?" Dad asks.
I look at the table and run my finger along the edge. "Yes," I answer in a small voice.
A trace of anger shows up in Dad's voice as he now asks, "Is this why we haven't seen him for a little while?"
"Yes," I answer again, whining slightly.
Anastasia walks in, carrying a deep-fried something-or-other. Mandi asks, "Anastasia honey, let me sit there, please." My little sister shrugs and takes the seat next to me, forgetting about her food. I wonder if she's too distracted by the scene into which she walked.
Everyone sits quietly while Dad angrily asks, "What are you two going to do? Is he abandoning you?" Mandi looks at me like she was going to ask the exact same thing. They think it's his. Well, of course they do.
May as well tell them. "It's not Rashawn's."
Anastasia looks to the side. I can't tell if she's trying to hide a gasp, smirk, or laugh.
My whole body starts kind of humming, and I feel like I'm outside of myself. That, or I'm sitting wrong, cutting off blood flow and about to pass out. I put my hand to my forehead and adjust my position. I can feel woozy faster than ever lately. My head starts pounding.
Dad has said nothing, so Mandi asks, "Whose is it?"
Surely, this is a nightmare. "Well, the day the toilet and bathtub broke in our bathroom, I called a repairman. Uh, I was wearing my pajamas..."
Anastasia stands up quickly. "I'm going to go fix something else to eat."
"You're saying this repairman is the father? Did he rape you?!" Dad asks, acting like he's about to get up as well.
"No. He was really sweet," I answer in a small voice. "Kinda like out of a romance novel."
Dad puts his head in his hands. Mandi reaches over and lays her hand on his shoulder.
Anastasia calls out from the kitchen. "Mom? How do you clean this thing again?"
Mandi gets up while Dad continues to sit in shock. Again, his age really shows.
"I told Rashawn the truth. He broke up with me," I tell Dad quietly.
Dad stays silent. He's probably reliving that moment when Addie told him she was pregnant and then reliving the moment when he found out I wasn't his.
"Does this repairman know?" Dad asks in a dull voice.
"No," I whine.
"You need to tell him," he replies.
"I'm sorry, Daddy," I tell him and start crying.
He looks like he's come back to himself, and he stands up and takes my hands, encouraging me to also stand.
My tears flow like mad as my crying turns to wailing when he hugs me.
"It'll be okay, baby," he tells me softly. "You need to tell this repairman. You did a brave thing telling Rashawn the truth."
"But he still broke up with me!" I cry out.
"Yes. Can you understand why?" He doesn't wait for me to answer, knowing I know the answer anyway. "You did something terrible to him, and now you have to face the consequences." He takes a breath. "But you won't be doing it alone."
I keep crying, getting Dad's shirt wet, but he doesn't care. Mandi and Anastasia stay in the kitchen for a little while before coming out and hugging me too.
The next day, Lavar calls. I'm happy for once to see his number on my screen. It's been a few days. I answer the phone, and he sounds joyfully surprised. I invite him over, and he's here within five minutes.
"I'm sorry," I say right away after answering the door. The tense expression he wore moments before evaporates to be replaced with relief, especially when I hug him.
"I'm sorry for calling you too many times. I couldn't help it. You're too wonderful to just walk away from," he tells me.
How am I going to do this?!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for some of those scenes. I still had free will on, and Anastasia and Mandi wouldn't sit still! I finally just gave up and decided to make like they were letting Nick and Bonnie have the conversation to themselves. And again, I don't put loads of effort into this one since that's not the point. I'm actually considering going back to commentary-style like I did for most of gen 1.
Blooper:
*shakes finger* No! No no no no no no no! We do NOT get attracted to adopted children and fathers! I have to keep a close eye on these two. If it gets to be too much of a problem, I may have to alter my plan for my +1. I haven't tried yet because it just now occurred to me that I might be able to stop the flirting using the caste thing in SP...if it's possible to do it for specific sims. If not, I am NOT ABOUT to have Bonnie ruin Nick and Mandi's relationship. Maybe I'll have to move her and Anastasia out when Anastasia ages up. :/
Click here to go to 2.35















well why not just make them related using MC? I know she's not his child, but in MC just make them family anyway and call it done. Problem solved on the romance thing.
ReplyDeleteWith all the woo-hooing Mandi and Nick have been doing, I'm surprised she's not pregnant yet. LOL Bonnie got through one conversation. I'm thinking Lavar will be okay with her being pregnant. He seems really into her. He may be an okay option to get to know better as they raise this child.
Because if I make them related with MC, won't that screw with the genetics? Plus, like you state next, I kinda want Nick and Mandi to have another child. They can't if they're still the active family, I think. Nick's gen rolled for 2 kids, mixed parent (adopted and biological). If Anastasia and Bonnie move out, I don't think it'll take MC long to start having Mandi pop out babies.
DeleteYeah. That was tough. Bonnie's going around in a bit of a daze, which made her very hard to write and make it emotional, so I stopped trying so hard.
You think? Well, we're about to find out.