Monday, February 8, 2016

Chain Reaction 1.33: Heart-shaped Cookies




     "I'll be right back," Graham tells me as he gets out of bed in the middle of the night. I make a little 'hum' noise as my reply, wordlessly stating that I understand. He must've not wanted to wake me and that's why he felt the need to tell me that.
     When we got home from the park, I invited Graham to sleep in my room. He warned me that might be more than he could take. I told him that might be a good thing and pulled him into my room anyway. At first, he did everything he could to hold back, but I didn't want him to. He stopped holding back finally, and I was glad. I needed his confidence. Before, I never truly understood the term 'making love,' but now I do.

     I peep my eyes open again and see he hasn't moved. "What is it?" I sleepily ask.
     He takes a quick breath, puts one knee on the mattress, and leans down to sweetly kiss me. "That's how I wanted to kiss you in the park the night we met," he tells me quietly. I smile, and he asks, "Are you okay? Do you need anything?"
     "Mm-mm," I tell him and shake my head.
     "Okay," he whispers, kisses my forehead, and gets up before quietly exiting the room.
     I'm getting married to Graham, I think randomly, and I smile.
     After dozing, I wake up to a nice smell. Cookies?

     I silently walk into the kitchen. Graham stands at the counter, humming to himself, as he moves freshly-baked cookies from a cookie sheet to a plate. I smile when I see that he cut them out into little heart shapes.
     "You made cookies?" I ask quietly in a happy voice.
     He freezes for a moment before placing the last cookie on the plate. Then, he turns around. "You weren't supposed to wake up. I was going to surprise you."
     "I am surprised." I keep grinning.

     He picks up the plate and carries it to the table. I follow him.

     "I dunno," he says when he turns back to me. "I just wanted to do it. I thought they might make a fun, early breakfast."
      "Cookies for breakfast," I state.

     "Well, why not? Can't be any worse than some cereals." He looks at me with a little smile, and I decide that he is, without a doubt, the hottest sim alive.
      I can't help but reach up and lightly run my fingers through his hair just above his ears. He closes his eyes and takes a content breath, and I step closer to him. "Thank you," I whisper and kiss his lips, lingering as he kisses me back. We pull back and blissfully look at each other.

       He kisses my cheek. "You're welcome," he replies in a quiet, serene voice.

      For days, I walk around as if in a happy dream. Previous fears have vaporized, and I'm in love with a man that loves me back. He's so sweet that I wonder how long he can stay like this. I hope forever.

     Tonight, we eat dinner on the couch, watching the sports channel. During a commercial break, Graham quietly says, "I called my parents today and told them." He takes another bite while I digest this information.
     "Your...parents?" I ask. Of course he has parents! "Was this the first they've heard of me?"
     "No. I told them about you months ago."

      "Why have you never told me about them?" I ask quietly, trying to decide whether or not I should feel hurt.
      "You never asked." He pauses. "I understand what you're not saying. I should've. Somehow. But they aren't a big part of my day-to-day life. We don't hate each other, but after college, I didn't keep in very good contact with them. Oh, I'd call them for the important stuff: birthdays, holidays, you know."

     I have to smile. "So, you told them that the girlfriend they've never met is now your fiancee."
     "Uh..." His eyes quickly look around. "Yeah."
     I've never seen him quite like this. He reminds me of a teenager trying to avoid his mom's questioning. It's actually funny! I start giggling.

     He looks over at me for the first time since he told me about telling his parents. "You're not mad?"
     "No. Who am I to judge you on keeping in contact with your family?" I haven't spoken with any of mine in ages. Sometimes, I think about calling Nyla, but I can't bring myself to do it.
     He breathes an audible sigh of relief. "They want to meet you."
     "I'm sure they do," I say with a smile. I would actually love to meet Graham's parents, even if I'll be nervous. Then, I think of why I might be especially nervous. "Do you think they'll like me?"
     He smiles. "They're on 'team Graham.' They want me to be happy, and I am. Of course they'll love you."

Click here to go to Chapter 34

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I thought she'd wait to the wedding night before doing 'the deed' but I guess the engagement was enough. :) I'm glad she's grown up and is looking at things in a more mature way than before.

    LOL meeting the parents. That's always an interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When writing it, I was kinda leaning towards that, but that's not what Brielle's character pushed me to do. Yeah, the engagement was enough. I'm glad you're glad. I have to have a super-happy chapter every once in a while. :)

      Oh yes, always interesting. ;)

      Delete