Thursday, October 18, 2018

Uncomplicated 3.24: This is happening




Anastasia

     The morning of my wedding, I can't help but laugh at the Saturday Morning Edition's headline. Edward's sister Helen and Goneril Capp Marks have been violently fighting over the town cassanova, even though both women are married to other men. At least this takes the heat off Edward and me. No pun intended. The story of our wedding only made it to the third page. I guess we're just not that newsworthy anymore. About time.  
     I take a relieved breath and fold up the paper before setting it on the counter. Then, I think about what I have to do next. Well, I don't have to, but I feel like I should.
     I'm going to visit Luke's grave. I feel I owe it to him, especially today.

     After trying to keep it together, I break down. I'm so sad that he died, even though I always loved Edward. Luke said he loved me, and I had had his child. I understand Edward's reasoning behind pushing the two of us together. But... my heart belongs to Edward, and it always will. Still, knowing that this would really hurt Luke if he were alive today casts a small cloud over what should be the happiest day of my life.

     The long day drags on before it's finally time for the wedding. Edward and I booked the venue to have the wedding party start at 7pm.
     I chose a modest wedding dress. I'm not going to wear white, not even going to pretend at any kind of purity. Still, I love my dress.

      Edward makes a beeline for me when I get to the lot. "You look so beautiful," he says quietly.
      I want to tell him he's not supposed to see me until the ceremony, that it's bad luck. But then, other than the bathrooms, this is a completely open lot. I suppose he could've stayed in his house all day since it's right next door, but I can't blame him for wanting to see me. I've missed him all day.
     I can't speak, so I just hug him. I can't believe this day is finally happening.

     Mom arrives, hugs me, and goes to have a seat. Even after all these years, it's still strange to think that she's my mom. She was dead most of my childhood. In a very big way, I'm jealous of my sister Natasha.

     This lot was created for Mom and Dad's wedding, the first time I really acknowledged Edward's existence. Everyone has come a long way since then.
     The sun sets, and the moon rises. And Edward lightly holds my arm and tells me it's time.

     Serenity shows up in maternity attire.

     Helen shows up looking no different than last night when her apartment was set on fire. Edward is happy she came, seeing she's his only living relative. She brought her son by Joseph, who is around here somewhere. The son not Joseph.
    For most of the wedding and reception, people heckle Helen. I almost feel sorry for her. I know how it feels to be the butt of everyone's jokes, even though I know some of it was her fault. But that doesn't mean I wished this upon her.

     The wedding begins, and the Maker finds another thing yet that S3 has over S4: wedding guests actually sit in the seats provided.

     For some reason, Wren chooses to sit over in the reception area, sitting with her boyfriend. Edward tells me he doesn't trust the boy. I don't know whether to believe him or think he's nuts. He seems like a nice boy to me, and Wren really likes him. Yeah, he really beat up a boy a while ago for being lewd to her, but that might've done some good because I've heard nothing about anyone teasing her for anything again. But I do still agree to let Edward chaperone their dates.

Prepare for wedding pic spam:
     This man is finally my husband.

     And tonight is our night.

     We cut the cake, and the Maker finally gets a good picture of my sister Natasha. Looks like Dad's genetics win again.

     Edward and I have our first dance where it all began.

     Edward's nephew Gordon.

     Mom and Dad are still so very much in love.

     After many of the other guests have left, Mom and Dad still hang around. "I'm so proud of you, honey," Mom tells me as she gives me a hug.
     The paparazzi man behind her laughs. "Yeah. Finally, your child is no longer a bastard." He laughs again and walks away to leave.

     Edward stops him. "You watch your tongue! I'm sick you all writing whatever you please. If I see one negative word written about my wife, I'll have your job!"
     "Your wife had another man's child. Or have you forgotten that?" 
     "As far as I'm concerned, Wren is my daughter."

     "Don't kid yourself, Jones. You're nothing but a joke, a puffed-up peacock with a promiscuous sister and now a promiscuous wife. You're less than nothing."
     "You act as though I care what you have to say. But you'd do well to leave my family alone, and I'd better not read one. word." Edward looks dangerous.
     The paparazzi man doesn't agree with me, though, and he laughs in his face.

      The wedding reception lasts until dawn, and Edward happily takes us to what is now our room.

     I don't think I need to explain what's happening here.

      It's the day before her birthday, and Wren gets the drama club participation trophy.

      On the way back home, I have to stop by the side of the road. No. This can't be happening! I couldn't be preggers.

------------------------------------------------------------
Gossip:
-Just before the wedding, Ana got the eternally faithful moodlet. Yay to end on a happy note like that.
-Luke. Yes, Luke... sent them a wedding present in the mail. I guess you can send mail from the other side.
-Wren got the schmoozer trait. Distinguished director LTW.


I'm really going to miss this generation. I loved their tiny house. I loved the garden and how since Ana was a gardener, she had time to work in it. I also loved the story of this generation.

I'd told myself that I wouldn't move Wren out until Bonnie and Edward completed their lifetime wants. I changed Edward's to culinary librarian, taking advantage of his fast reader trait. He completed it in a matter of days. So, that's done. Bonnie also completed hers around the same time. So, it looks like we'll be moving when Wren ages up.

I can't remember if I rolled farmer on any of the other rolls. I did the rolls years ago and have them stored on my iPad.

At any rate, get ready for glitz and glam for Wren's roll! :)

Click here to go to 4.1

No comments:

Post a Comment