Monday, October 1, 2018

Chain Reaction 3.37: Stuffing




Ethan

     I can't believe it.
     After everything else that's happened to us.
     How could she go and let something like that happen?
     And then she tells me he hasn't done anything, that she hasn't even told him. I got a name from her, not even hinting what I'm planning to do with it, and that's all I needed.
     I knock on the front door. I'm already mad enough at my sister for her carelessness, but she's not the only guilty party.
     And he's got it coming to him.
     If Dad's in jail, it falls to me to settle this. I am 100% positive he'd do the same.

     "Hi, can I help you?" the little monster asks. He takes a step back when I glare.
     "You're Kade Love, correct?"
     "Uh... that depends on who's asking. Who're you?"
     "My name is Ethan Taylor."
     "Okay, but I still don't know who you are."
     Is he seriously going to continue with the charade that he has no idea who I am? TAYLOR! "The last name doesn't ring a bell?"
     "Nope. Sorry."
     "Well, since it looks like you only cared to learn her first name, does Isabella sound familiar?"
     His jaw hangs open for a second before he quickly says, "Oh. Yeah. You must be her dad."
     I laugh meanly. "No. Dad wouldn't have stopped to ask questions. I'm her older brother."
     He leans against the doorframe in a false sense of ease. "Look, bro, I haven't seen her in weeks."
     "I'm guessing six weeks, right?"
     "Sounds about right. She's not here."
     "I'm not looking for her. I'm looking for you." I barge into his house.
     "Whoa, dude! What the plum do you think you're doing?"

     "You sleep with my sister and then not call her for six weeks?!"
     "You need to leave, or I'm calling the cops."
     "I am the cops!"
     "No you're not. You're a dude who's gone way too far into big brother land and is starting to lose it. And for that matter, I did call her. She started acting like she was going off on me for stuff I didn't do." Then, he mutters, "Looks like it runs in the family."
     My temper flares. 'Family' he says?

     "Funny you should mention the word 'family'! Because you're about to have one!"
     "What are you yelling about?" he asks, looking horrified like he already knows the answer.
     "Isabella's pregnant, and she says it's yours."
     "Oh, plum." His hands cover his face. "She was a virgin. I didn't think we had to worry about that."
     Not have to WORRY about it? Not have to worry about it! Like he can just casually knock up my sister?!
     I have had too much stress lately. My wife, Mikey's run from the law, my daughters reaching adulthood and my worrying about them, my dad, my mom, and now my baby sister. I have trained myself over the years to control my temper and been... mostly successful I guess. However, a picture of cute, adorable, innocent Isabella enters my mind. My temper gets the better of me.

     I remember when I was a teenager how I walked in from school to find Dad and Alex in a fight. I'd thought they looked ridiculous. I don't feel ridiculous now. This man got my baby sister pregnant. I consider it my sacred duty to beat the stuffing out of him.
    He coughs. "Dude! Okay!" I punch him again. "Get off me! She doesn't want to speak to me! I had no idea!"
     "Well, now you do."
     "Dude, stop! I'll talk to her."
     You'd better. I let him go.

      "Look, I had no idea. At all. I'm going to take responsibility for this, but I'm not even sure she'll talk to me." He holds up his hand to stop me from responding for a minute. "Just let me talk to her before you go all crazy again, k?"
      "You know I'm going to find out if you do her wrong, and I don't think you want to know what'll happen to you if you do." I am the cliche big brother, but there's a reason the cliche exists.
      "All right, I get it. Geez."
      I give him one more look, thinking he definitely got the message, and then leave the house.

     I'd say that went well.

---------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: If I were Isabella, I would freak about what my big brother just did. j/s
But that's Ethan, and he had something to say about it.

Click here to go to 3.38

4 comments:

  1. The most Ethan of reactions! Hopefully he gets a good law enforcement job solely harassing deadbeats for child support payments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. He works with the law as an investigator. That would be an interesting field of work though.

      Delete
  2. Maybe they can work it out. Obviously they hit it off...

    ReplyDelete