Isabella Taylor
Today is Daddy's birthday. Ethan and Emily wanted Daddy to have a party, but he didn't want to. Oh, and the Maker didn't feel like it. It's not fair. Daddy should have a party. I like parties. So, I try to make it as much a party as I can.
Isn't Daddy handsome?
Next, the Maker goes into CAS.
She gives Mommy a new look, too. Mommy is still at the mature adult stage, but her hair is grayer. She later goes in and does the same thing to Alex.
My parents think they look really old, but... aren't they supposed to? I mean, they're parents!
The next day, it's my birthday! The Maker doesn't throw me a party either, and I am so mad! She just wants to get things done and get back to Charlotte, who is the 'heir.' When has not being the heir stopped her?
At least I'm a teenager, even if I didn't get a party or at least my own cake. The Maker has a lot of fun trying out different looks for me, feeling a kind of deja vu of sorts.
It's almost bedtime, so I change into my pj's.
"Hi, Daddy!" I greet him as he walks into the living room.
Daddy gasps when he sees me and holds his chest like he might be having a heart attack.
"Daddy?"
Trying to breathe, he says, "Just... give me a minute." He kind of bends a bit and holds his head.
"Oh. I aged to teen." I guess he's figured that out by now.
"I see that." He still can't catch his breath.
"Are you okay?" Do we need to take him to the hospital? "I'm sorry if me aging up scared you. Blame the Maker since there was no party, and it just all happened so fast."
"You're telling me," he says quietly.
"Do you need to sit down?" At least the color has started returning to his face.
He still breathes fast. "No. It's just that... Isabella... you look exactly like your mother the night I met her."
I smile. "Oh. I do?! For real?" Neat. "Why do you look scared?"
"It's just alarming how you look exactly like her." He pauses. "So, uh, you start high school tomorrow then?"
"Yeah. Going to high school is going to be so sweet. I can't wait!"
He tries to smile at me and fails. "I think we need to talk."
I stare blankly at him. "But... we are talking." Aren't we?
"I mean about high school boys."
Oh no. "Oh. No. Ugh! Dad! Ew! Please. Don't. Can we just leave it that I don't date until I'm eighteen?" Not saying that'll happen. I just want him to stop trying to have 'the talk' with me.
He relaxes. Phew. "Works for me."
The next day, I see Dad is still on his 'teenage boys' thing and trying to hide it. "How was school?" He's staring at me like he's waiting for me to lie.
"It was fine. Four different boys asked me for my phone number in the first twenty minutes." I bite my lip to keep from laughing.
Immediately, Mom puts her hand on Dad's leg. "Bella, tell him you're kidding. He thinks you're serious."
I can't contain the laugh anymore. "Chill, Dad. Breathe. I'm kidding. It's just like elementary school but we're bigger now. If anything, the boys got weirder."













This is how Emily was supposed to look like. :D
ReplyDeleteIKR. That would've worked so well for me. :) <:)
DeleteI wonder how Graham would feel if she turned out to be a lesbian
ReplyDelete*dies laughing*
DeleteI can see it now: "Well, dang, Dad. You were just worried about me and BOYS, so I figured she'd be okay with you."
Graham is just very protective. :)
Graham is still hot even as an elder. ❤️
ReplyDeleteI'd've been too sad otherwise and would've been sorely tempted to fake the elder thing, which might've still been the case. Can't remember. :)
Delete