Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Chain Reaction 2.79: The Whole Picture





Alex

     She's still sleeping.
     My mind recalls the recent discussion with Graham. I guess I could call it progress. We aired out many of our issues. He understands how much I love Emily. He won't try to stop us from being together.
     "Alex," Emily cries in her sleep, and I dash over to the bed.
     "I'm here, my love." I hold her shoulder, and she rolls over and opens her eyes.
     "How?" She looks confused, looking around the room.
     "We got you out of there."
     She turns herself to sit up but is understandably woozy.

     I swiftly move to sit down next to her, wrapping an arm around her and kissing her forehead. Strangely, that makes her giggle.
     "Did you just kiss me?" she asks with a playful smirk in her voice.
     Oh. She's probably still mad at me for Miss Franco throwing herself at me. "Yes." I've got to fix this. But first she needs to recover from her ordeal.
     "No, you're supposed to say, 'On the forehead' like you're embarrassed. Remember?"
     I think. 'On the forehead'? "Oh." I chuckle, remembering that time I accidentally kissed her a few years back. "Yes, I remember now." Just because I can, I kiss her forehead again.
     She pushes away. I immediately back off.

     "What happened?" she asks.
     I explain things slowly and calmly. "You were abducted by your grandfather and uncle. We don't know why. Graham, Ethan, and I found you. Your grandfather's been arrested. We haven't found your uncle. I brought you here so you could sleep off what was probably a sedative." I watch her as everything sinks in.
     "My uncle Logan abducted me at the Francos' after you..." She doesn't finish. I'd hoped to wait on this.
     "Emily, that meant nothing. Please understand that-"
     "Shh," she requests, and I stop.
     "I know," she finishes. "She threw herself at you. I was shocked. And hurt, but I've had time to think..." She pauses, and I realize what she means. She's had time to think about this during what happened to her. My stomach pangs with guilt.
     "We don't have to discuss this now. Do you need to rest more?"

     "No. I need to talk," she insists. She's acting a little loopy. It's not like her, but it's also incredibly darling. Her guard is down, and curse me for thinking it's so...fetching. It's got to be the dress. Her in this dress is like my kryptonite.
     My own voice sounds a little loopy when I ask, "Why would I ever want Violet Franco when I have you?"
     She lets out a happy little 'hm' noise and says, "I'm safe." She leans against me.

     "Yes, you are." I hold her. "Emily, I was so scared." No more walking off on your own. I'll hire a bodyguard if need be.
     "They said they weren't going to hurt me. I kept waiting for them to call you and ask for ransom, but they never did."
     "It's okay now," I tell her as well as myself.
     "I love you, Alex. And I'm not mad, just so you know. It wasn't your fault."
     I squeeze her to me, thankful she's safe, thankful she loves me, doubly thankful that she forgives me.

     At last. Her lips. As I kiss her, she leans into me, probably still not balanced very well, so I reach up and hold her head in place. Oh, she's soooooo tempting.
     "You should probably rest more," I say into her lips.
     She grabs the side of my head with her free hand. "Shut up and kiss me."
     Plum. I do. I own her mouth. Still, I also shake from the effort of holding back.
     "Emily, you're still drugged."
     "All I wanted was for you to get me out of there. And you did. And now I have you. I have what I wanted. Maybe I'm still dreaming. If I am, I don't want to wake up. I just want you." She kisses me again, and I lean into her, the two of us falling back onto the bed.
     For a couple of blissful hours, I achieve the herculean restraint of only kissing her. Well, that and letting my hands travel all over her in this dress. I will not go any farther than that, not with her in this state. She's still so sleepy.
     "Let's go make you a pot of coffee," I tell her, and we sit up.

     "Wait wait wait," she says and rests her hand on my thigh. I'm going to spontaneously combust. "I want to talk about something first."
      "What?" I smile.
      She lets out a happy sigh. "You were right."
      My smile grows. I'm so happy she's safe. "I was?"
      She nods, her eyes closed. "I want a baby."
      Plumbob. I'm going to fall out right here on the floor.
      She peeps her eyes open, sees my utterly-shocked expression, and giggles. "You look surprised. Why? It's what you suspected anyway. I'm mad at Selena for being pregnant when I'm not. That should be me."
      I reach up and hold her face, my index finger brushing the bottom of her ear and my fingers wrapping around to her neck. This darling woman wants my baby. That lightheaded feeling I had the other night returns along with all those wonderful images in my mind. I lean in and kiss her lovingly.
     "Tell me what you're thinking," she requests when I give her a moment to speak.
     "I'm thinking all those wonderful things I thought the other night after we left the restaurant and went to the park. But I worry you're not in your right mind, Emily."
      "I admit I still feel unbalanced, but I'm not going to change my mind. I'm just...admitting it."

      "I want to marry you, Emily." I take my turn admitting something.
      "Yes," she says, looking me right in the eyes.
      What? "I mean, I want the whole picture: married, kids, happily ever after and so on."
       "Yes," she repeats in a dreamy way.
       I could cry. Is this real? Full of happiness but still with a twinge of self-doubt, I add, "And I'm not asking you until you're in your right mind."
       "I'll say yes then too."
       I swiftly reach up and grab the back of her head before crushing her to me. We fall against the bed again. The coffee can wait.

Click here to go to 2.80

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about the siblings their future baby will have. I also wonder what Drake's reaction will be on the prospect of Emily becoming his step mom and a mother of his half brother or sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SIBLINGS of the future baby? As in they'll have more than one? Well, it's not like they can't afford it. Lol.
      Oh, we definitely get to hear plenty on Drake's thoughts about his future "step-mother." He's not finished yet. As for the half-siblings, he's already decided that his father is insane with his breeding ever since hearing about Selena. However, the little world of my sims wants more Goth kids, and Alex isn't the only male out there...

      Delete