Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Chain Reaction 3.1.1: Lucky Day

A/N: So if you're one of those people who pays attention to these kind of things, you may have noticed the 3.1.1. Well, this story has morphed far, far away from Charlotte, the "heir," so I'm officially switching the heir to Alaric, and Michael also steals the spotlight in a little while, something I'd planned on doing for some time now. HOWEVER, Alaric and Michael aren't in "generation 4." They're technically in 3. (Well, if you want to get really technical it's almost a generation 2 1/2 for Alaric). This made me decide to go with a kind of "second string" to generation 3, but since it's still a "beginning" of sorts, the chapters go back to a 1. Head spinning yet? Gen 3 mach 2 chapter one. Since this is a no-rules legacy, I decided to go this route.

Now back to the story, what you really came here for. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alaric

     I can't stay in the house, so I creep out the side exit and make my escape, headed to a nearby park.

     I've had a roller coaster kind of day. Social media exploded about my dad being alive and well and back in Eden. I couldn't wait to get home, hoping it was true. And it was!
     What was supposed to be a thrilling reunion turned on me, though. How could he still want to be with her after everything she did? It makes zero sense to me, and I can't bear the disappointment.

      Then, to top it off, he accuses me of not being there for her! He doesn't know what it was like. I was just a kid when I saw them swapping spit and sucking face in the backyard. The brother I thought I adored. The mother I thought would always be there for me.
      And Dad says I wasn't there for her! As if it's my fault!
      A sob slips out.
      That's not fair of him to say that, to accuse me of that. It still doesn't change the fact that she betrayed us all. I can't take it, so I go and have a seat at a nearby picnic table.

     I decide to pull out my journal. I mostly fill it with pretty bad poetry, but it makes me happy to write it even if it's terrible crap. I'd tried haikus for a while, but the cage of the structure pissed me off. Sometimes, I'd write limericks about my mom. For the most part, freeform is my sanctuary.
     However, today I think I feel a limerick coming on.


There once was a woman from Eden
Who stepped in a spot that I peed in
Her feet were bare
But I didn't care
Because my fury deserved infliction.

     Bah. I can't get the ending right. The second line is brilliant, but as usual, it's crap in the end. I read over the first two lines again, and I laugh.
     "What's funny?" I hear coming from the semi-darkness, and a girl walks up.

     We go to the same school, which I'm planning on skipping today, but we don't exactly know each other. I think she hangs out with the artist crowd whereas I'm trying to instill myself with a bunch of skateboarders. I still suck at my board, but they're kind of helping me.
     I quickly put away my journal. "Nothing really. Just entertaining myself by writing a bunch of crap."
     Her eyes size me up. "You're that Goth dude aren't you." It's more a statement than a question, but I answer anyway.
     "Yeah. That's me."
     "So, uh, grats about your dad and all." Her posture displays a slight discomfort with the conversation.
     "Plum my dad."
     She bursts out laughing, holding her stomach, her former discomfort vanished. I swing my legs around the bench, get up, and walk over to her.

     "Alaric Goth." I officially introduce myself, hoping that will at least give me her name.
     She smiles. "Lizette Hernandez. Don't call me Liz."
     Unable to prevent myself, I ask, "Then is 'Ette' okay?" I smile to let her know I'm kidding. I think I've heard her name before. She's a year older than me. Maybe two.
     She rolls her eyes. "So why say 'plum your dad' about your father?"
     "It's... a long story."
     She shrugs. "I've got time."
     "I'd... rather not."

     "Then what would you rather talk about? I'm bored. We're the only ones here, and I'm skipping today."
     I take the bait. "Why are you skipping?"
     "Because my now ex-boyfriend is an as*hole." She cocks her hip and puts her fist on it, her expression daring me to ask why.
     But I don't take it this time. "Fair enough."
     She smiles a kind of sneaky smile and asks, "Do you have a girlfriend, Alaric?"

     "Uh..." That surprised me, and I let out a nervous 'huh' of a laugh. "Um..." She's smiling wider at me. There's something about it that makes me wary. "Uhhhh.... no, actually." I think of Kyra, and I get a familiar knot in my stomach.
     She's kind of scaring me now--just a bit. "Are you a virgin, Alaric?"
     "Whoa! That's, uh, a very direct question. Very out-of-the-blue, you know? Just, um..."

     She takes in a breath like she has her answer. "You are."
     "Well, uh, I mean I... haven't been a teen for very long. And why does it matter? That... doesn't really matter."
      "This is your lucky morning, Alaric." She takes my hand. "Follow me."
      "Uh... what?" I get pulled along, heading to the park proper. She giggles and tightens her grip. This is... Is this even happening? My hand is shaking when we approach a set of stairs and ascend to the upper level of a gazebo.
     "Well, this is cozy." She sits me down on a cold, hard bench.

     "Listen, uh, Lizette, I barely know you." I move to stand up, but she pushes me back into the seat.

     She gets on her knees in front of me. "If you must know, Goth boy, like I said, I'm angry with my ex. This is a kind of revenge." She undoes my pants. Then she smiles. "And I know you want it." I feel her nails through my shirt as she pushes my back against the seat. "Now, be a good boy and enjoy the ride. Like I said, it's your lucky day."

     My breathing goes in and out in little puffs of air while every nerve ending in my body explodes. My fingers thread into her hair, and I'm suddenly glad we're alone in the park. Oh, plum, this is really happening to me! 
     Lizette does a very thorough job at getting revenge on her ex.

6 comments:

  1. I think you told all there was to tell about Charlotte, so I'm not complaining you picked Alaric as the heir. There's definitely more going on in the Goth family now. You can always switch back when the writing takes you there.
    And whoa Lizette. Even when I was super mad ad my bf or ex, I wouldn't go and serve a stranger. lol I mean when I'm mad at a guy, I'm usually mad at them all. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, "serve." I don't know why that cracks me up! I mean, yeah, that's a definition for it, definitely. It's just that's exactly what it is! Why is it funny? hm. total of 8 hours of sleep for a 48 hour period. Maybe not even that much.
      Charlotte: Yeah, there is ONE chapter for her coming after a while. One. And I think it goes like 3 years into the future, meaning she really will be a side character for a long time.
      And it's Alaric and Mike. I really didn't expect to love Mike as much as I do, but he's probably one of the most complicated characters I've ever written, so much going on beneath the surface. But the story does focus on Alaric for a while. Trying to get everything in chronological order gets tricky, you know.
      And Lizette (don't call her Liz! lol) picked the perfect revenge for someone who gets jealous easily. :)

      Delete
    2. I couldn't find a better expression for it in English. 'Serve' would be a funny eufemism I'd use in my language.

      Delete
    3. Yeah. The connotation exists, though I've heard "servicing" more. I was giggling because I *didn't* think it, and that took me by surprise. I'm like, 'why didn't I think of that?' :)

      Delete
  2. I laughed all through this. Is this girl for real? What’s she expecting in return? To hook up with a Goth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Lizette is.... kinky. And not afraid to show it, especially when someone has pissed her off, her ex, who accused her of being a whore. So, she's owning it.

      Delete