Friday, September 27, 2019

Chain Reaction 3.1.6: Porcelain Doll




     At school on Monday, Lizette acted like nothing special happened, even if she did actually talk to us in the hallway. That was interesting.
     What's not interesting is how my history teacher Mr. Collins called my parents to tell them I'm failing. Who cares? I don't care.
     To get away from my stupid parental units, I say I'm going to the library to work on the research paper Collins assigned me as a last-ditch effort to pass.

     Plum them all. I don't need this. I don't give a rat's white turd if I pass history or not. I'm just about ready to drop out, take the test instead in order to get my diploma. Then, I'll go to SCU and tell Eden to kiss my ass.
     The history section is upstairs. Plumbing teacher living in the dark ages and telling me I have to get a hard copy source. EVERYTHING is on the internet, but noooooo. I have to get an actual BOOK.

     These things are just antiques in the making.
     The place is deserted. I'm amazed the town keeps it open all night long. There's a security dude here somewhere, but that's about it.
     I hear someone typing rapidly.

      I stop silently in my tracks. Kate. There's a pang in my chest.

     I had a dream about her. Well, technically, everyone was in the dream. It was one of those 'everybody hates Alaric' dreams. But her hatred and anger hurt the worst. I woke up crying. I hated that feeling. The last thing I want is for her to hate me. I... She's special.
    Stupid, crazy hope fills me with daring.

      I take the seat in front of her. "Hi, Kate."
      She closes her eyes and lets out a long exhale through her nose. "What do you want, Alaric?" You. "Why are you here?" She acts like I've invaded her personal sanctuary.
      "I'm working on a history paper. Collins says I have to have a hard copy book as a source." It's crazy, I know, but I can't stop smiling now. This reminds me of that time in the park when getting on her nerves was fun. All my previous anger has evaporated.
      "Well, the books are over there." She points to the wall behind her without turning. Without even opening her eyes.

     I stay seated. "So how have you been?" I know how she's been: busy. Busy and b*tchy, especially with the way Chaz has tried hounding her. He's not smart enough for her. He's just infatuated with her looks. He could never understand her.
     "I've been trying to get this finished and sent off, but you and your 'friends' continue to harass me." Her eyes open to a small glare.
     "Sorry about Chaz. He's an idiot." Trey and Dirk occasionally bother her, but I think it's more to pick on Chaz than anything. Chaz keeps trying to act like her personal slave, but he doesn't get it that that'll only make things worse.
     She lets out a huff. "What's your topic?"
     "The Simopia wars."
     "You need to narrow it down more than that."
     "Oh. You want specifics. Well, my thesis statement, I hope anyway, is 'Quintus Vitus's economic and political mistakes greatly contributed to the downfall of Iunia.'" I smile. She'd gotten herself ready to preach how to properly compose a thesis statement that's just specific enough yet vague enough to write the size paper I need. She still doesn't believe me when I say I'm smart.
     "Oh." She blinks. "Well, uh... I think I uh... remember seeing a book that might help. I skimmed it once."
     "Cool. Do you remember where it was?"
     "Um, yeah." She gets up, and I follow her, reminding myself of Chaz and his puppy look when he follows her around. I will not be like him, though.

     "So how come you're at the library and not at home?" Not that I'm complaining.
     "We don't own a computer." Plumbob. I can't even imagine that. I think there are six computers at my house. I'm not exactly sure.
     I watch her fingers trace a few book spines as she searches for the book, and I can't help but wonder what her story is. I want to do something for her, help her somehow. She hints her home life isn't good. What if I bought her a computer? My stomach knots up. She moves along to the next bookcase, and I can't take it anymore.
     I nudge her shoulder, making her turn, and block her possible escape.

     She takes in a surprised breath, and her eyes widen and stare at my shoulder. Is she scared?
     "Kate. Let me help you. You're working so hard, and you don't deserve to." Crap. I'd better not be sounding like Chaz. She lightly shakes her head no. "I'm not asking for anything in return." Well, not like she might be thinking. I just want to mean something to her like she does to me.
     "I'm fine. In a few short years, I'll be on my own. I don't need yours or anyone's help. I can do this alone." She sounds almost robotic, like she's rehearsed this again and again.
     I blurt out in a whisper, almost like an unbidden thought, "I've missed you."
     That surprises her, me too but I hide it. "What? That doesn't make sense. We were never together."
     Trying to make sense of it, I say, "That time in the playroom. That was wonderful."
     She closes her eyes, and a small, sad smile graces her features. "It was like a dream."
     Oh. Plum. Right now I'd do anything for her. I'd even go bowtie and suspenders if that's what she wanted.
     Her eyes stay closed, and she lifts her head up. I can't resist the temptation.

     She lets out a little noise like she can't fight it either. So that she doesn't freak, my lips stay light on hers, brushing, just the barest sampling of the sweet nectar that is Kate. If I kiss her too hard, I'll lose control. As it is, the restraint is killing me, but I love it.
    This is Kate. I adore her. She's everything I've ever wanted. She's pretty and smart, and she doesn't take my crap. Even when she argues, it's plumbing hot. It's been driving me crazy to watch Chaz try and go after her. I'd give him advice, but I don't want him to have her. She's not meant for him. She and I are meant for each other.
    "Alaric, stop," she whispers, shaking.
    Stop?! My chest aches so badly that tears spring at the sides of my eyes. My breathing shakes, and I'm scared I might actually cry. What is wrong with me?! I have to get it together. She's looking at me.
    Then she kisses me, and it's like an explosion in my mind. I press her against the bookcase and deeply claim her mouth. I can't get enough, and my hand acts like it has a mind of its own, wanting to touch her everywhere. It lands on her chest, and I let out a low moan of luscious contentment.
     Which freaks her out.
     She jerks her head to the side and starts pushing hard against my shoulders. I finally register through the fog in my brain that something is wrong. "Alaric! Stop!"
     Plum! I step back. Oh plum oh plum oh plum oh plum oh plum! How could I let myself go like that at her!?

     "Wait! Wait! Please please please!" My arm wraps around her little waist. "I'm sorry! Kate, please." She stops, and my face goes into her hair. "I'm crazy about you." I hold her to me like the most precious creation ever made.

     We're both shaking. I'm scared to death of what I'm about to say.
     "I can't stop thinking about you. You're in my dreams almost every night. But I'm afraid of your rejection. I know I don't look or even act like I'm the right guy for you, but I'm wishing you'd give me a chance." I smell her hair. Oh, she is my favorite drug.
     My angel speaks. "I'm scared. People... hurt people, even those they say they care about."
     "I can't promise I'll never hurt you. I'm just a man, even a bit of an idiot at times, but believe me when I say that that is the last thing I want to do. You're special. You're wonderful. You're beautiful, and it kills me that I'm not the only one who's noticed it now." I'm possessive. Who knew? Well, not insanely possessive, but I do want to strangle my 'friends' any time they bother her. At least shove them away from her.
     I take another deep pull of the wonderful scent of her hair, and I plead her name and kiss her again.

     "You're so amazing," I tell her while she catches her breath. On impulse, I lightly run my tongue on her bottom lip. Her knees buckle for a moment, but she rights herself. Wow. I made her do that.
     "You're so wild," she breathes, and I have to swallow my laugh. Wild? Me? Nah.
     But I respond anyway. "Because you do it to me." Hey, it's true. I have to fight every second so I don't lose control again.

     Her knees keep buckling, so I think... I inch her towards the table... she might do better... just a little more... sitting on the table.

     Yeah.
     She holds onto me while I lift/push her backwards, my mouth never leaving her skin. I am so turned on, but I'm not losing it.

     I surprise her when I put her on the table. Her expression is so cute, almost mad.
     "What are you doing?" she asks suspiciously.
     I smile. She's so plumbing adorable when she's only a little angry. "Well, you were having just a little trouble standing. I thought this might help." I put my knee between hers and lean towards her.
     "Oh." She understands, and I kiss her again.
     'Oh,' I echo in my mind. Then, my mental tone changes. Oh. Yeeeeeesssss.

      I'm all over her. I can feel her pulse racing as my lips devour her neck. She says my name in a shocked way, and I moan. Her legs wind around me, and the bulge in my jeans longs for relief. I exhale. "Oh, Kate." My hand returns to her chest like a magnet, and she cries out in surprise. My arm wraps around her while she squirms, and my hand squeezes. So good.
      "Alaric!"
      I answer her by kissing her fantastic mouth, and my hips start moving against her. Oh, that sweet ache. But that will have to wait. She's so sweet. And precious. And soft. And delicious...
      And really pissed off. "Get off me!"
      Huh? I push away, and she leaps off the table. What'd I do? Sure, it was shocking before at the bookcase, but I thought we'd moved on from there. She must know what she means to me. Doesn't she?

      She's close to tears! "I can't believe you! After everything you said! Then you treat me like that! I'm sorry, but if that's what you're looking for, you're sniffing up the wrong skirt."
      "What are you talking about?" I was treating her badly?
      She rounds on me when I grab her arm. "Stop it! I'm not a whore!"
      "Whoa! What? Who...? Wait." I wince when she almost sprains my wrist by twisting her arm free. "Ow! Kate, stop. I would never in a million years think that!" I grab her again.
      "Let go of me!"
      "If you promise not to run away and talk to me about this, I will."
      She stops struggling, and I let go.

     I gently touch her face, and she reaches up and holds my arm in a cautious manner. "How could you think I'd ever think that about you?"
     "The way you were treating me." To my still-confused expression, she huffs and continues, "You were..." she looks down "...coming on too strong, I guess you could say."
      Okay... Did she even know how much I was holding back?
      She watches me, I think understanding, somewhat, my thoughts. "Alaric, I am really quite shy when it's all said and done. Kissing I can handle, but the..." She looks to the side, contemplating her words. "...the 'moving parts' are too much."
     I suddenly see myself through her eyes, and I'm crestfallen. "I'm sorry then. I guess I'm really not shy, and in the presence of an incredibly beautiful girl, I get... distracted." I scowl. "I mean excited." No, that's not it either. "I mean a little out of control." There. "And you are everything I've ever dreamed the perfect girl to be. And when I kiss you, it's so good. Everything is. You're so sweet and so hot that I have trouble reining it in." I touch her lips.

      "You have to give me time. This won't work if you don't."
      'This.' "So you'll give me a chance?" I look all over her precious face and land on her lips again, wanting them. Especially when they smile like that.
      The smile stays, but she also closes her eyes momentarily and breathes out like she's telling herself she's crazy. "Yes."
      I exhale. I'd been holding my breath and not realized it. Then I kiss her. Gently. She'll have to call the shots. My porcelain doll. I may go mad, but it's so worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alaric's thesis statement stems from my prediction/warping of an old Sims 3 story, Annals of Simopia by Aeon. It's always stuck in the back of my mind to create the ancient historic backdrop of almost anything sims related in my writing, even if I don't remember all the details, more of a general thing. Still, I had a good time reading it, and I wouldn't be sad to see it return (HINT!).

9 comments:

  1. Awww. 😍. She is so much better for him than Lizette. But his little fun times with Lizette is going to come back and bite him and screw things up with Kate.

    Lizette’s actions still confuse me a little. 🤔 I have to wonder what they really stem from and I’m not buying she’s getting back at her boyfriend. There’s more here than meets the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is perfect for him, and he knows it. The problem is SHE doesn't know it because he's pretending to be a badass.
      Exactly! Which is one of the reasons I had to do that last chapter. He wrongly got into his head how it is with girls, and he's realizing it's not always like that. Sure, he knew Kate was more innocent, but he had no idea just how much.

      Lizette is... complicated. It's a side-story, and I'm still working out all the details where it will fit chronologically with what I already have written. I had little idea at the time just how much Alaric's friends will play into his half of the generation.

      Delete
  2. I can see how she would be afraid. And his sense of how fast or slow most girls want to go is completely skewed by Lizette. Poor guy. I hope he pays close attention to her stop signs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's skewed, yes. And he'll certainly do his best to heed her stops.

      Delete
  3. He missed her. Yeah. Right. Ask Lizette how much he missed her. I'm sorry, but I don't find his advances one bit romantic no matter how enamored he's trying to sound. He always corners her and practically forces kisses and is all gropey. We had a guy like him when I was at seventh grade. He did the same to my frined. Cornered her and pawed her. It was annoying. Sorry, Alaric, but your actions annoy me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizette doesn't really mean anything to him. I guess that's the sad part. She kind of annoys him, even if he's curious why she does what she does.
      I'm also sorry you don't find him romantic. He was gropey, yes, but he had it in his head that that was okay thanks to Lizette's less-than-exemplary example. He's messed up, but I will say that he genuinely cares for Kate.
      Sorry he reminds you of a bad experience. That wasn't my intention.

      Delete
    2. But he had a good role model in his dad before things went south with Alex disappearing and Drake invading their home. So he should know better. Much better. I just can't stand guys who can't take no for an answer or/and are imposing themselves on women. It's so unattractive. Kate told him to leave her alone repeatedly. So it didn't look like she was just playing hard to get. She doesn't seek his company. And yet she lets him kiss her and stuff. I'm confused, I guess.

      Delete
    3. Yeah. I guess I'm confused then too. I mean, he had Drake obviously not taking no for an answer--as a negative example. He had Lizette throwing herself at him--another strike against him. But when Kate told him to stop, he did. Yes, he lost it for a second when she kissed him after telling him to stop, but then he realized his mistake. Then, he honestly didn't see what he was doing was overdoing it. His "but I thought we'd moved on from there" after the tabletop incidence was just a sign of him not getting it, not understanding just how much more "shy" Kate is, and Kate straightened him out. Kate does like him. She's just overwhelmed much more easily. Yes, she was upset when she took his coming on that strong as him thinking she was a whore, which was of course wrong, a misunderstanding, and he told her that. When she told him to stop, he stopped. Yeah, she had to practically beat him over the head with her stops, but that was because he misread the signals due to his own lack of experience with a decent girl. I don't know what else to say.

      Delete
    4. I worry that previous experience you mentioned has caused some clouding as to what happened in this chapter with what happened in real life. Alaric is a sweet-hearted (when it comes to Kate), albeit horny, teen who got carried away and confused. :(

      Delete