Emily
I can't believe today has finally arrived. Dad has just finished walking me up the stairs and to the wedding arch. The look on Alex's face when he saw me! I have never felt more beautiful.
My only negative concern right now is that Drake is here. Alex and I have discussed this. I thought he wasn't invited. I'm glad I'm facing away from him.
I forget about all my previous worries when Alex takes my hand. 'I love you,' he mouths to me. We can't really speak because there is a microphone stand pointed right at our faces, so even a whisper would carry. The mic is getting on the Maker's nerves, and she wishes she'd gotten rid of it. She knows how she might've done it now as she writes this, but she didn't know at the time. She's going to edit it out whenever she feels able.
He looks worried I'm going to be mad at him. 'I had no idea,' he mouths again, talking about Drake.
I stare at him wordlessly as I understand now. Drake is crashing the wedding. It's not Alex's fault. 'I know,' I mouth back to him. He looks relieved. Then, I playfully roll my eyes and do an almost-unnoticeable shrug, implying we should just forget him.
I can't believe this is happening! I think excitedly as Alex says his vows. The rest of it is all a blur.
"Hello, Emily Goth," Alex quietly whispers to me. It takes a minute to sink in, but then it does. And I smile happily.
Alex is my husband! I'm his wife! Me! He's needed someone all his life to love and love him back, and now, I'm the lucky one who gets to do that.
"I love you," I whisper to him.
He squeezes me to him. "I love you more," he whispers back, and we both laugh.
I did it! I'm married.
Everyone starts to mingle around, and Alex disappears, saying he needs to do something. There's a twinkling smirk in his eyes, so I wonder what he's up to.
"Emily!" Isabella giggles as she runs up and hugs me. I quickly crouch down to hug my little sister. "You look so beautiful! Are you married now? Are you going to have kids?"
I laugh. "Yes, eventually. And you'll be the first babysitter I call."
"Will you pay me?"
"Of course." I smile at my silly little sister.
"Will you pay me?"
"Of course." I smile at my silly little sister.
Since I really feel like it's my home now, I give her a key to the penthouse.
I found out where Alex got himself off to. Apparently, the caterer he hired is the laziest sim on the planet. He had to make the cake himself.
Ever tried to eat something while simultaneously feeding someone else? It's a wonder we didn't stab each other in the eyes.
Everyone is having a good time. Dad is even trying to. For a moment, Alex looks like he wants to go talk to him, but his eyes catch Mr. Franco trying to feel up his mother on the dance floor.
"Do you think she's okay?" I ask Alex.
"She's my mother. I'm going to assume she knows how to handle herself."
Bella looks like something Mr. Franco did just ticked her off.
"Be right back," Alex mutters under his breath. When he walks away, I feel uncomfortably exposed. Drake is still lurking around here somewhere, and I didn't like the slightly wild look he had in his eyes like he was debating doing something to wreck the wedding. He claimed he wasn't, but I'm pretty sure I read him correctly.
I sigh with relief when Dad walks over.

"You look so beautiful today, Emily," he tells me, sounding like the words are getting caught in his throat.
I smile. "You said that already." Right before he walked me to the arch.
He tries to smile. "I know, but I mean it." He pauses. "I will kill Alex if he hurts you." Again, he means it.
Oh boy.
Ever tried to eat something while simultaneously feeding someone else? It's a wonder we didn't stab each other in the eyes.
Everyone is having a good time. Dad is even trying to. For a moment, Alex looks like he wants to go talk to him, but his eyes catch Mr. Franco trying to feel up his mother on the dance floor.
"Do you think she's okay?" I ask Alex.
"She's my mother. I'm going to assume she knows how to handle herself."
Bella looks like something Mr. Franco did just ticked her off.
"Be right back," Alex mutters under his breath. When he walks away, I feel uncomfortably exposed. Drake is still lurking around here somewhere, and I didn't like the slightly wild look he had in his eyes like he was debating doing something to wreck the wedding. He claimed he wasn't, but I'm pretty sure I read him correctly.
I sigh with relief when Dad walks over.

"You look so beautiful today, Emily," he tells me, sounding like the words are getting caught in his throat.
I smile. "You said that already." Right before he walked me to the arch.
He tries to smile. "I know, but I mean it." He pauses. "I will kill Alex if he hurts you." Again, he means it.
Oh boy.
"Dad, he won't."
"I don't mind jail if that's the reason," he continues.
I don't like that he's unhappy; this is something I've battled since the beginning. "I'm sorry, Daddy, but I love him." What kind of daughter am I that I let my father's worst fear, one he even told me about, come true?
"I know you love him. And I'll try to accept it. I just want you to be happy and safe."
"I am." Then why do I want to cry right now?!
He pulls me into a hug, and I swallow hard to fight the tears. "Do me one favor, would you?" he asks.
"Um, okay?"
"If you have a son, don't name him Alex Jr."
That makes me laugh in a happy/sad way. I understand what he means. He doesn't want his grandson to be Alexander Goth, Jr. It's bad enough for him that he'll be a Goth at all. "I promise."
"Good. And I'll let you get back to your husband... who's looking too nervous to come over here right now." When he pulls back, I can see him glaring at where Alex must be standing. It's doesn't last but for a few seconds, and then he does a kind of stationary hand wave.
"Um, okay?"
"If you have a son, don't name him Alex Jr."
That makes me laugh in a happy/sad way. I understand what he means. He doesn't want his grandson to be Alexander Goth, Jr. It's bad enough for him that he'll be a Goth at all. "I promise."
"Good. And I'll let you get back to your husband... who's looking too nervous to come over here right now." When he pulls back, I can see him glaring at where Alex must be standing. It's doesn't last but for a few seconds, and then he does a kind of stationary hand wave.
Alex has the gall to have our first dance as a tango, which has to be making my father furious. We stay out on the floor dancing a few more songs after that, and then we go and have a seat on one of the park benches. He gets the kiss I denied him during our dance.
"I'm the luckiest man alive."
"Well, you're certainly going to get lucky, I can tell you that." I raise my eyebrow to his surprised expression that I'd be that bawdy.
"Then why are we still sitting here?" He can't get me to the airport fast enough for our short flight to our honeymoon.
Click here to go to 2.86
------------------------------------------------
The lot used:
Click here to go to 2.86
------------------------------------------------
The lot used:





















awwww
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed it.🙃
DeleteEmily Goth sounds right and somewhat better than Emily Taylor.
ReplyDeleteDrake's face was priceless.
Alex would argue much more than 'somewhat.' :) But I know what you mean. She was always meant to be a Goth.
DeleteI kinda feel sorry for Drake. But, he made his bed; now he has to lie in it.