Saturday, June 8, 2013

Rose 2-11: The "I'm a good boyfriend" thing


A lot happening in this one because I'm pushing it through...

Donovan


     I get home in time for Skye's birthday. He's excited to be going to university with me when the next term starts.



    I get a call from Yvette! She asks me to come to a small party she's throwing. I'm excited to see her again.

     I show up at the party, and someone tells me she's up on the third floor. I go up and speak to her a second, and I get the feeling she's not very happy to see me. Maybe I'm misreading her since she also complains of her little sister's continuous crying.

    I finally get a chance to really talk to her. She asks me how university is going, and I summarize everything I've learned while she looks at me as if to say 'why even bother?'
     "At least you can be free from your house every once in a while. Mom, right now, needs me to care for Jacklyn. I can't wait until she's ready to start school so I can go and live my own life."

     "I love coming back home, just like I love coming to see you." I say, and my phone rings before she can respond. I check to see who it is. Karri? "Excuse me a moment." I tell Yvette.

    She wants to know if I've heard from Clark since she hasn't yet.
    "I'm sure his plane didn't go down. We would've heard about that. Calm down, Karri. I'm sure he's just gotten busy with everything once he got home." I calmly explain.
     "So busy that he can't at least call me for ten seconds? It only takes a few seconds to make a text. Just a damn text would be better than this! I've left messages on his phone, and he's not calling me back! What if he's cheating on me?!" She gets more frantic by the second.
     "Calm down. Of course he's not cheating on you. He's crazy about you."
     "But what if he's hooked up with some old flame at home? What's to say he hasn't?"
     "Trust me, Karri. He's not the type to get with someone back home." I say, and Yvette makes a face. "Go watch a movie or something to pass the time. If he hasn't called by tomorrow, then call me again and I'll try to call him myself." 
      She grudgingly agrees to do that, and I hang up. "Sorry." I tell Yvette.
      "Not the type to get with someone back home, huh?" she asks.
      "My roommate, and no, he's not. He's totally devoted to her."
      "And who are you totally devoted to?" 
      I shrug and smile as I answer, "No one."
      Yvette looks really upset, and she walks away. I can't get her to speak to me for the rest of the evening.

      Yvette avoids me the rest of my stay at home. I don't understand her. It doesn't bother me too much because I have Shauna to speak with. I miss my privacy during these phone conversations. Milo goes to school, but Skye frequently walks into the room without warning just as my conversation with Shauna gets interesting. 
       I decide Skye and I are getting separate rooms at the house if I can manage it.

    The house Clark's dad acquires is fantastic! It's completely furnished with three bedrooms plus an art studio, pool table in the basement (next to Clark's room), exercise room, and the upstairs is perfectly set up with a bar and couches, etc.

    Skye does his 'I'm a good boyfriend' thing and calls Carmen shortly after we arrive. He inspires me to remember to call Shauna. She apparently didn't get so lucky with her housemates this term because they're already fighting. I decide to call her back later.
      Clark left one roommate slot open for the college to fill, lottery-wise, with someone.

     Of course... it would have to be a woman. Cute too.
     Skye only glances at how she sizes him up right away.
     Well, that's interesting.

     She puts her stuff in -my- room and proceeds to introduce herself first to Skye. Her name is Ashley.
      Skye and I have separate rooms, and I chose the one on the ground floor with the two single beds.... and the university placed another woman as my roommate. This one isn't so bad though. No, I don't think I'll mind this one bit.

     Right then, Karri comes over. Clark must've called her. She too looks at Skye with an interested expression. Very interesting.
     Ashley tells the room she has to step out and very pointedly tells Skye she'll be back.
    
     Once Karri finds out Skye is my brother, she talks about how long we've known each other. I have the strange feeling it's like she's name-dropping. That makes no sense.
    I call Willow. She asks if she can come over to talk. I'd gotten a feeling over the break that she had stuff she wanted to tell me in person.

     I keep my tone light as I say, "Yeah sure, we're just over here making a mess of the place."
     I hear Skye behind me as he tells Karri about my lackluster football skills and how he can beat me at everything. It sounds to me like he's bragging, but Karri appears to eat it up.
     Willow arrives, and I don't feel sure how I should act. Every time I'd bring up her engagement on the phone, she'd evade the topic or just outright not answer the question. So, I stand here not knowing what to do.

     "Oh, Donovan!" she suddenly exclaims quietly and throws her arms around my neck. I breathe a small sigh of relief, but I'm not totally sure where we stand. It does feel good to have my arms around her again.

     "I broke up with him." she says. "It was awful! You're right though; I never should've agreed in the first place. He was so broken-hearted!" She looks like she's about to cry, and I simply can't let that happen.

    "Don't cry." I croon to her. "You did the right thing. This will probably be better in the long run." And I don't want him to have you, I think selfishly.

     Clark comes upstairs, I guess because he heard Karri's voice. Willow gets to say hi to him for about half a second before I pull her towards me.
      "I'm so glad you broke up with him." I whisper into her lips.
      "Let's go celebrate, shall we?" she asks with a wicked gleam in her eyes.

     I hope Clark doesn't mind we used his bed.


     Later, when Willow and I go back upstairs, she stays in her little nightie that magically appeared when we got out of Clark's bed. A few people giggle at her, but I don't mind what she's wearing.
      Some random woman calls me and tells me she saw my online profile. Then she asks me out. Just like that. I tell her I'll save her number in my phone (maybe I will, maybe I won't) and get back to her on that. I want to first view this 'online profile' I have to see if I can find this woman.

    Skye starts flirting with Karri.
    What the heck? Flirt with my best friend's girlfriend? I'm going to have a talk with my little brother.

     Good girl. She shoots him down. Sorry, bro.
     So, she's not going to take it past an interested look.

    Not long after that scene, Willow has to leave. She spins into her outerwear and leaves dirty clothes on the floor. They're starting to pile up.


     Ashley must've come back last night after I fell asleep. I wake up to her descending the ladder, and I immediately hop up out of bed, delighted with her choice of sleepwear. Cherries. Nice.
     I introduce myself and ask her if she's okay with the roommate situation. She tells me she doesn't have a problem with it. We get to talking for a minute or so before I make some remark that leads her to say, "I thought you were gay." What?!
     I laugh a little, "Uh. No."
     "Oh." she says lamely while she blushes from the top of her head to the tips of her red-nail-polish toes. I check. "Well, that's ... I gotta go get ready for class." She practically runs out of the room.
      I probably should make Skye switch with her. Dammit, I'm sharing a room with my brother again.


      After my classes end for the day, I escape the awful snow to one of the cafés. My phone rings. I check and see it's Tiffany calling me. Again. Out of curiosity, I decide to answer it.
      "Hello, Tiffany."
      "Hi." she says quickly. "You decided not to come to that party." she states in a questioning manner.
      "Yes, I was busy." I answer. "Besides, you said you didn't care whether I came or not, so it wasn't high priority."
      "Oh." she says quietly. "Sorry. I was still mad at you."
      "Are you implying you're not mad at me now?" I ask almost humorously.
      "Yes. I've stopped being mad at you." she says, subdued. "How are you anyway?"
      "Already sick of this god-awful snow." I answer truthfully. "You?" I ask just to be polite.
      "Great." she says sarcastically. "And we're reduced to talking about the weather."
      "Then what would you like to talk about?" I ask, wondering where she wants to take this.
      "I don't know."
      "You're the one that called me." I point out. "Why?" I want to get right to the point and cut the crap.
        "Why don't you want to date me anymore, Donovan?" she asks me in a pained voice, and I put my free hand over my eyes. "You don't like me anymore?"
       "I thought it was you that didn't want to date me." I remind her.
       "Why can't I be enough? ... What's wrong with me?"
       "There's nothing wrong with you. I don't want to date anyone exclusively."
       "Oh. I see. 'It's not you, it's me' thing huh?"
       "Please don't be like this."
       "You know what? ... Oh just shut up."


      "Tiffany, stop calling me if all you're going to end up doing is telling me to shut up!" I say loudly, startling a few of the other people in the café.
       She hangs up on me.

     I need a little relief from that phone call, so I call Shauna and tell her where I am. She right away offers on her own to come and meet me here. I was hoping you'd say that.

     As always, Shauna is such a relief. She has a sweet spirit.
     We hang out for a while before I invite her back to the house to give her a tour.



      Happily, we end the tour on the top floor on one of the couches in the bar area. Alone now, I can't resist making out. She acts like she doesn't mind in the slightest.

     I stand up a little and spin her around. I don't know why I didn't just lay her back from how we were positioned before. I guess it's because this is the way the pose is designed.
     She makes a little surprised sound when I position myself 'just right' between her legs.

      I grind myself against her as I whisper, "I want you. Just like this. On this couch. Right now." I reach between us to unzip the superfluous jacket she wears.
      "No, Donovan. Stop." she says breathlessly.
      "Why?" I ask and kiss her neck. She has a tasty neck. Tasty everything, actually, but her neck is the only thing that's uncovered. So far.
       "I'm not ready for this."
       "You were all but 'ready for this' last time. What's changed?"
       "I knew you wouldn't go all the way last time." she whispers.
       "I could have." I point out, my voice taking a lower pitch for a few moments.
       "But you didn't."
       "You don't want this?" I ask, moving against her again to hopefully drive her crazy. I've successfully unzipped her unnecessary jacket, and I start working on the buttons of her shirt.
      "Donovan, I never have... before." she admits.
      "I know." I tell her before I run my mouth over the newly-uncovered skin revealed after undoing a few buttons. Did she think I wouldn't be able to tell after what I did to her?
      "I don't want my first time to be on a couch." she says almost sternly.
      "That makes sense." I agree. "Let's go downstairs. I'll kick out my roommate if I have to." Somehow. Although, I don't think she's here. At a party maybe.
       "I just can't yet. I'm sorry." she almost sobs.
        I don't understand why she can't yet, but I do what I can to back off and make her feel better before she leaves to head back to her place.

      I lie down on top of my covers and think about Shauna. She's always so confident on the phone, but in person, she gets shy. It has to be that negative body image. I guess I still have to work on that. That'll be a delightful thing to do.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a little thrown that that game-made sim is named Ashley.

Question: There's a dryer on the lot. Since I rolled living green do I have to get rid of it or can I keep it since it goes with the 'this house belongs to someone else and we're just renting it' thing. ?? They haven't used it yet that I can recall unless somehow one of them did laundry when I wasn't looking.

12 comments:

  1. "I don't know why I didn't just lay her back from how we were positioned before. I guess it's because this is the way the pose is designed." LOLLOLOLLLLLL!!!!

    Answer: I think it'll be fine. The rolls don't 100% apply at uni, because not all of them are possible. Just do the ones you can.

    Ashley! Ahaa! I was confused about why at first, but I get it.

    So. Wow. yeah. Skye's hot. Found it hilarious that Don wanted to talk to him about flirting when he did a lot more than flirting with her when Karri first came over. Ok, so she and Clark weren't officially together then, but it should still count.

    I'm wondering what kind of role model he'll be for his little brother.

    Also, wow. Tiffany can't seem to get over him! She really is sending mixed signals all over the place, and being very confusing. Don't blame Donny for snapping at her.

    So... Ashley thought he was gay? Random! Why? Did she not see him kissing Willow earlier?
    Oh, wait. She was out. The blonde in the room was Karri.

    He was a little pushy with Shauna, glad he backed off. He has a very high sex-drive! Maybe he should look into that... :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the result of me being irritated at myself for shooting random shots in case I might need them while I played. Then I noticed they didn't flow and thought, 'well, that's how the pose is designed.' 'Ding!' lol

      Okay good. I 'moved in' Clark and that screwed up his uni status so he's not attending classes. He's pretty much become the maid. I had him start the laundry and then wondered about the dryer. I guess I'll fix his university stuff later since he's a temporary dude to the family. See, now I COULD do the clothesline thing.... They could set one up since the one the house could be 'broken' or something, but they're not there that long anyway. It's amazing, though, how much dirty laundry four + sims can create esp in winter.

      Ohhhh yeeeeaaaah, Skye's hot. I knew he would be. I'm really going to miss that boy, so I'm dragging out having him for as long as I can. Yeah, Donny needs to not point out the speck in his brother's eye without first pulling out the plank in his own. :)

      Hehe... and Skye has no idea how his older brother really IS.

      Tiffany is going crazy, or even worse crazy, after losing Donovan. She wants to call him all the time, and when she does, she eventually starts fighting with him anyway. She gets frustrated he doesn't do or say what she wants him to.

      LMAO! She thought that since it was a house full of guys and they roomed her with Donovan that he must be gay. Plus, he's kind of pretty even if that has nothing to do with anything.
      Yeah, she totally missed the exchange with Willow earlier. She didn't know why Willow was there when she laughed at Willow's attire.

      He was horny. Hellz yeah he has a high sex drive. I told you the engine was only just starting to rev. :) Still, it's not like it's out of control, and he doesn't want to force the issue with Shauna.
      Hehe, his way of 'looking into it' is taking care of the urge. :P

      Delete
  2. Good ol' Donny. He has Willow back so yay for that. Even though they aren't 'official' she is the most steady girl he has.

    Hahahaha Ashley and she thought he was gay. I have no clue what would have given her that WRONG impression but she's living with 3 guys so maybe she thought they all were gay. She might want to move.

    Tiffany, that poor girl just can't get over it. He has told her before that he isn't ready to be with just one girl and she doesn't want to be part of his harem. She asked him to leave her alone and he as, but she can't do the same. Was he her first 'boyfriend' or something? Or does she just want to be the one to change his playboy ways?

    Not sure about the dryer thing. Know you have to have a laundry basket on sight (that sucks) but I don't think you are required to have a washer and dryer. Since you aren't supposed to sale things for money I guess just put it in their inventory until they get ready to move and put it back since it is a rental. (This one is a randomacy as well right?) Those rules are killing me and I have to read them often to make sure I'm sticking to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, even if he can forget frequently when he's with other girls, Willow really is his #1. It's true. If, for instance, Shauna came up to him and told him she was engaged, he'd wish her the best and be a little bummed for a while.

      Yeah, I laughed a little when I saw her name.
      Ashley thought that since the university placed her with a house full of guys and she winded up rooming with one of them that the guys in the house deemed it okay because he's gay. uh, not. Plus, she thinks he's kind of pretty if that has anything to do with anything. She doesn't think Skye or Clark are gay, and now she's wondering what the hell she's going to do. She thinks Donovan is every bit as hot as his younger brother, but she didn't look twice because of her assumption.

      *shakes head sadly* Tiffany really can't get over Donny. She wants to call him all the time and sometimes actually lets herself. Then she only winds up getting into an argument with him because he'll say something 'wrong' to her. You guessed it. She wants to be the one to get him to stop his playboy ways. :)

      If you have laundry hampers, you're gonna want washer/dryer. My deal is that I'm not allowed to have an electric dryer due to the 'living green' thing. I was wondering also because the washer on the lot isn't the high efficiency one as well, but I don't feel right changing things since it IS only a rental. Yeah, I'd do the inventory thing if that's what I have to do. Yes, it's a random legacy. The roll is posted on the chapters tab... as much of it as I've revealed. I rolled that roll right after Fiona was born, and at that time, I didn't take SS of the app, so I don't have a nifty pic yet.
      I had a hard time 'getting to know' the rules as well. The thing I like is that I don't have to know everything at once.. only the stuff I've rolled. I read the other stuff out of curiosity, but I don't feel like I have to memorize it as I read it. At least all the rules are very nicely organized so it's not hard for me to find the answer to my question most of the time. (Very very good if someone with ADHD can understand it that easily!)

      Delete
    2. yeah I'm having to take it one gen at a time based on the rolls. With only having one child this time I think I started out pretty easy. The next gen is gonna be a bit harder. :(

      Delete
    3. After having 6/5 kids, I would love to only have one. So EASY!
      I guess it makes sense that you rolled your second gen now since she's preggers. It might be ages until I roll for my third at the speed this sucker is going.

      Delete
  3. UL really messed with the legacy rules. Don't worry about the laundry thing, since it's a rental.

    I feel bad for Tiffany, but also, not. Because really, girl, get over him already! She just sounds so desperate.
    And I'm pre-feeling bad for Shauna, because I think she will get very attached to Don if she goes any further with him. And that will just break her heart eventually.
    I'm glad Willow broke up with the fiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Then I won't worry about it.

      I know what you mean. She really liked Donovan apparently (she really does call him all these times I put it in).
      Uh huh, writing on the wall there, but Donovan isn't even thinking of that yet. He'll have to learn.
      Willow and Denis (thanks SP >:| ) didn't need to be together, esp with the free spirit that Willow is.

      Delete
  4. Good girl Willow. It sucks to break up with someone, but it's better than marrying them and wishing they were someone else.
    Tiffany?! Go AWAY. Far away. Jesus. Tell him he can't be with you and then keep calling him. *points to door* Out. Out. Stop it. Stop calling. UGH!
    Karri? WTH? Clark may be busy when he goes home, it DOES NOT mean he's cheating. Jeez. WHY the hell is that always the first thing girls think of?
    Yvette? You like him? Or not? What the fuck? Jesus. I'm seeing a pattern with my comments here. Uhhh... *opens window, throws out all the girls except for Willow, Ashley, and Shauna* *walks away*

    Skye... Oh. My. god. So. fucking. Hot. *dies* I am glad you brought him here with Donovan at university. Now I can double drool. Oh yeah. I'm going to need it after all those damn women driving me nuts. I like Donovan's shirt cause it's showing off part of his sexy chest. *dies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Willow didn't need to marry that boy.
      Yep, Tiffany. She's still around.
      LOL Karri was doing the typical freak out thing and expecting the worst. For the record, he called her the next morning, she railed into him, and he apologized about fifty times, promising to make it up to her.
      LOL!!!! sorry. It's funny. Yes, there's a pattern. Yvette hoped that Donovan would chase her except when he does, she pushes him away. crazy.

      Hell. Yes.
      I can't get rid of him yet, and the rules bend so much for Uni that I'm taking full advantage (and then some, as you've seen by now) of that.
      Hahahahaah! I knew you'd like that shirt too cuz I like it for the same reason. It's a damn good shirt. Hm... maybe a recolor and put it on Jesse too. Why haven't I thought of that yet?

      Delete
    2. Omg yessss, do it, put it on Jesse. I will love you forever. ROFL. :D

      Delete
  5. Is he gay?! *LOL*
    Skye looks good. He should have fun. He also better think strongly of his relationships. He has a girl back home. Messy stuff. But fun ^_^

    ReplyDelete