Donovan
I go downstairs to find Clark eating his breakfast.
"So..." he asks in a comedic way, "Shauna, huh?"
I turn to look at him. "If you let her know you were awake for any of that I'll," I think for a moment, "sic my little sister on you." I can't help but laugh at how that sounded, but he hasn't met Giselle. The only witch scarier than her is Tiffany.
He needs to take a shower.
Clark laughs a little and says, "Chill. I wouldn't do that to you."
"I thought you were fast asleep. I can't imagine that all these nights you've slept elsewhere" Of course, last night you would have to finally show up again "that you've gotten much sleep."
"Who needs sleep?" He laughs a little at himself.
"Oh, I've been meaning to tell you, my little brother is a freshman next year, and I want to know if it's okay that he house with us as well."
"Yeah, of course. This just means that rent is a little less. My dad will love the idea." he answers.
"Good." I say, and we're silent for a minute or two.
"Oh, Holly told me a rumor that Willow got engaged." Clark says out of the blue.
My fork stops halfway to my mouth. I just lost my appetite. I put my plate on the table and turn to him to ask in a whisper, "What?" I can't get enough air in my lungs. "To Josue?"
"No. Someone named Denis Stanley." he turns to look at me, concerned.
"I don't know a Denis Stanley." How can this be happening?
"Are you okay? You're paler than normal." he points out. "I thought you were casual about her anyway. I thought you were casual period."
"That doesn't mean..." I pause and decide not to finish my sentence. "I have to call her." I immediately jump up to throw my plate in the dishwasher.
I call twice. She doesn't answer either time, so I decide to text her. This can't be happening! Willow?! The free spirit? Engaged?! To be married?! I stare desperately at my phone, waiting for something to happen. I don't know where she could be.
My flight isn't until early, early tomorrow morning. Moonlight Falls isn't far away. Surely she wouldn't have left campus yet? Who is this Denis?
Maybe Holly was wrong.
I finally decide that standing in the kitchen and staring at my phone isn't going to get me anywhere, so I head upstairs to take a shower. Right before I get ready to step in, my phone buzzes.
Tiffany? She's invited me to an end-of-term party that her party-crazy roommates are throwing tonight. I don't know what I'll be doing tonight... hopefully, it will have something to do with Willow. I text her an "IDK". She texts back an "IDC".
You don't care? Then why bother sending the invite?!
Women!!! I sigh exasperatedly, stash my phone in that magical place where everything goes, and take a shower.
When I'm out of the shower, I pace back and forth in my room, staring at my phone and wondering if I should dash around campus asking everyone if they'd seen her. Then, my phone rings. Willow!
"Willow!" I say loudly into my phone. "Is it true?"
"Word travels fast, I see. I keep forgetting Holly lives in your building." she says, and my heart plummets into my stomach.
"Why?! Why are you doing this?" I ask desperately into the phone.
"He was my high school sweetheart, and then he went and joined the navy. Well, he's back for a long while, and he looked me up."
"And so you decide to marry him?!"
"Well, I'm engaged at any rate." she answers, and she doesn't sound like someone head over heels in love and excited to get married.
"Is this what you really want?" I ask, realizing I can't hang onto her if she really wants to get married. The very thought of her marrying someone feels like huge claws raking across my chest.
"Listen, I have to pack, but I'll come by when I'm all finished and before I leave to go home." she says, sounding resigned.
"I'll be waiting." I say, and we hang up. Face-to-face is always better. I will not relax about this unless I can see that she's ecstatically happy.
I try to imagine life without Willow. It's not easy; she's been such a big part of my entire college life. However, I can do it if I have to. I realize that if I'm not going to commit to anyone then this is going to happen to me a lot.
Thinking about this makes me think of Shauna and the good time I had last night. I decide to give her a ring to pass the time until Willow gets here.
"Donovan! Hi." she breaths into the phone. She has an incredibly sexy voice.
"Ciao, bella. Have you finished packing?"
"No. In fact, I'm packing right now as we speak. Can I put you on speaker?"
This might make anyone listening in get a little more than they bargained for, I think, remembering all of our previous phone conversations.
"Are you alone?" I ask seductively.
"Yes, but I'm busy. I don't want to blow you off though."
I've come to realize I have a dirty mind.
"Then, put me on speaker. I'll try to behave." I say with a small laugh, and she does so. We chat for a little while about plans for next term, and an idea occurs to me.
"Perhaps next time you can model for me." I suggest. "Nude." I finish bravely.
"Well, I'd only trust my nude body to your hands."
"Then these hands will certainly look forward to the job." I say, and I can't help but have a happy laugh escape me. She's so much more confident on the phone.
Sadly, the phone conversation ends not long after we strike that promising deal, and she asks me to call her first thing at the start of next term so we can set it all up.
"As soon as I'm able, you had better believe I will." I promise. Then I sigh and tell her I'll talk to her when I get home.
The minutes tick slowly by until Willow finally arrives.
She walks in the door, and I immediately run up to her, throw my arms around her waist, and beg her to explain what's happened.
"I told you. We were a couple in high school..."
"So what?" I ask. "Is that why you chose to marry him?"
"I'm not married; I'm engaged." she contradicts me.
"To be married." I clarify, stating what I think is obvious.
She looks up at me and tries to brush my hair out of my face. I like my hair in my face. It's convenient when I wish to hide my expression. After an endless moment, she finally asks, "What was I supposed to say? No?"
"If you're not positive you want to get married then yes! You should've said no." I let out a huff. "Why do that to him?" And to me?!
"I got caught up in the moment, and then he was so happy ... that I couldn't go back on what I said." she explains slowly, looking a little sad and worried.
"Willow, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I don't think you should marry him unless you're positive that's what you want."
"That sure sounded to me like you were telling me what to do." she says almost angrily, but then she smiles a small smile before looking at the floor. Then, she looks up and asks, "Is there another reason you don't want me to get married? Or, even engaged?"
She's put me on the spot on purpose. Fine. "Yes. I would miss you terribly." I say with loads of emotion in my voice that she'd better appreciate.
"You would miss me terribly, but you wouldn't stop me." she wishes for me to clarify.
"That is correct." I tell her. "You're special to me. You more than anyone else." It's the truth.
All of a sudden, she throws her arms around my neck in a tight hug. Hoping that this is a good sign, I wrap my arms tightly around her waist.
She pulls back and smiles up at me while my hand slowly makes its way to the back of her neck. I want to kiss her, but she resists me.
I feel so confused, and I wish I knew what she was thinking.
"I am still technically engaged." she explains.
"So, then I want to kiss someone's fiancee." I stubbornly maintain before I nearly attack her. I don't care that we're standing in the entryway to my dorm.
She wilts in my arms while my lips devour hers, and I ponder how far I would go to keep her. I imagine myself a toddler yelling 'mine! mine!' over an over again because someone is trying to take my favorite toy. Not that Willow is a toy, but part of me does want to start yelling 'mine! mine!'. Selfish. Yes, but that is what I'm thinking.
"Donovan." she breathes to get my attention. She hasn't called me by my name in a while. "I promise; I'll talk to him. But only because you're right. I'm not absolutely certain I want to marry him. How can I when I have feelings for you too?"
I trail my nose against the base of her throat, again marveling at how much I love her perfume. I seriously consider asking her to go steady, but then I think of how that might hurt Shauna, making me pause.
Instead of telling her where my thoughts went a moment ago, I move to kiss her again.
"No." she says outright, and I stop, surprised. "I need to talk to Denis first."
She takes a step back, and I drop my arms.
"I'm sorry." she apologizes. "I want to get this sorted out."
She wants to give Denis another chance too, I suspect.
"I've delayed packing." I offer up as an excuse to leave. "I probably should get to it."
She nods. "I'll call you." she says before tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.
I turn to leave, and Willow gets distracted by two guys that live in my dorm. One complains loudly about a professor in a shared class they had and his ridiculous final. Willow laughs, delightedly sharing in the professor-bashing. Her whole posture is displayed in a flirty way. She's toying with him.
She said she has feelings for me, yet look at how freely she almost-flirts with those two men! I'm glad I didn't ask her to go steady. However, I don't want her to get married.
"Then these hands will certainly look forward to the job." I say, and I can't help but have a happy laugh escape me. She's so much more confident on the phone.
Sadly, the phone conversation ends not long after we strike that promising deal, and she asks me to call her first thing at the start of next term so we can set it all up.
"As soon as I'm able, you had better believe I will." I promise. Then I sigh and tell her I'll talk to her when I get home.
The minutes tick slowly by until Willow finally arrives.
She walks in the door, and I immediately run up to her, throw my arms around her waist, and beg her to explain what's happened.
"I told you. We were a couple in high school..."
"So what?" I ask. "Is that why you chose to marry him?"
"I'm not married; I'm engaged." she contradicts me.
"To be married." I clarify, stating what I think is obvious.
She looks up at me and tries to brush my hair out of my face. I like my hair in my face. It's convenient when I wish to hide my expression. After an endless moment, she finally asks, "What was I supposed to say? No?"
"If you're not positive you want to get married then yes! You should've said no." I let out a huff. "Why do that to him?" And to me?!
"I got caught up in the moment, and then he was so happy ... that I couldn't go back on what I said." she explains slowly, looking a little sad and worried.
"Willow, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I don't think you should marry him unless you're positive that's what you want."
"That sure sounded to me like you were telling me what to do." she says almost angrily, but then she smiles a small smile before looking at the floor. Then, she looks up and asks, "Is there another reason you don't want me to get married? Or, even engaged?"
She's put me on the spot on purpose. Fine. "Yes. I would miss you terribly." I say with loads of emotion in my voice that she'd better appreciate.
"You would miss me terribly, but you wouldn't stop me." she wishes for me to clarify.
"That is correct." I tell her. "You're special to me. You more than anyone else." It's the truth.
All of a sudden, she throws her arms around my neck in a tight hug. Hoping that this is a good sign, I wrap my arms tightly around her waist.
She pulls back and smiles up at me while my hand slowly makes its way to the back of her neck. I want to kiss her, but she resists me.
I feel so confused, and I wish I knew what she was thinking.
"I am still technically engaged." she explains.
"So, then I want to kiss someone's fiancee." I stubbornly maintain before I nearly attack her. I don't care that we're standing in the entryway to my dorm.
She wilts in my arms while my lips devour hers, and I ponder how far I would go to keep her. I imagine myself a toddler yelling 'mine! mine!' over an over again because someone is trying to take my favorite toy. Not that Willow is a toy, but part of me does want to start yelling 'mine! mine!'. Selfish. Yes, but that is what I'm thinking.
"Donovan." she breathes to get my attention. She hasn't called me by my name in a while. "I promise; I'll talk to him. But only because you're right. I'm not absolutely certain I want to marry him. How can I when I have feelings for you too?"
I trail my nose against the base of her throat, again marveling at how much I love her perfume. I seriously consider asking her to go steady, but then I think of how that might hurt Shauna, making me pause.
Instead of telling her where my thoughts went a moment ago, I move to kiss her again.
"No." she says outright, and I stop, surprised. "I need to talk to Denis first."
She takes a step back, and I drop my arms.
"I'm sorry." she apologizes. "I want to get this sorted out."
She wants to give Denis another chance too, I suspect.
"I've delayed packing." I offer up as an excuse to leave. "I probably should get to it."
She nods. "I'll call you." she says before tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.
I turn to leave, and Willow gets distracted by two guys that live in my dorm. One complains loudly about a professor in a shared class they had and his ridiculous final. Willow laughs, delightedly sharing in the professor-bashing. Her whole posture is displayed in a flirty way. She's toying with him.
She said she has feelings for me, yet look at how freely she almost-flirts with those two men! I'm glad I didn't ask her to go steady. However, I don't want her to get married.













Oh, Donny, Donny, Donny...
ReplyDeleteIf you can't take it, don't dish it out!
That last mini-paragraph in italics is *exactly* what he does constantly! Well, turn about is fair play, so you can't really say anything, Mr.
Saying that, I hope Willow ends it with Denis, and she and Don go steady. Exclusivly. And then get married. And then have babies that are even hotter than him.
His face in that last pic...
His body in the first few...
*drools*
He has a lot to learn. :/
DeleteHehe, maybe he needs to have a good, hard look in the mirror because you're right.
Willow and Donovan would make pretty babies. :-)
that expression in the last pic is the only reason I put it in. Then, I thought up what he could possibly be thinking, and it worked!
can't have too many half-dressed Donovan pics. :-)
I'm with Donny on this. What??? When did that happen? Willow who was the free spirit, dated around just as much as Donny and out of the blue you marry a guy you haven't seen in how long? Oh not marry get engaged to, but still What?
ReplyDeleteOk Donny has a bit of a do as I say not as I do double standard going. He's all panicked over Willow no longer possibly being in his harem of women, yet he gets on the phone and talking all dirty and flirty with Shauna. Honestly I don't mind a player as long as he's up front on it but his double standard thing is annoying me to no end!
Does he really expect all of these women to sit around and be ready for him and only him and only on his terms???? UGH Ok Mr. Sexy pants, your good looks are only gonna buy you so much with me. This whole attitude thing you have with how you view 'your' women is gonna start to rub me the wrong way.
Yes, that came completely out of left field. She just wanted to make him happy and got caught up in the moment.
DeleteMhm, he does! I KNEW you'd say something about that phone call to Shauna when only moments before he was stressing over Willow and also trying to be a little nice to Tiffany. He's gotta figure out what the hell he wants and stick with it because he can't have his cake and eat it too.
He does actually. O.o He's being selfish, and he knows it, but he's not willing to change his thinking.
Don't worry, he's getting to a point to where he'll have to take a good, hard look in the mirror and figure out that he must choose between dating loads of women and probably hurting them and losing them eventually or sticking to one and probably not lose her. I'll give you one guess what he'll choose. ;)
What the hell? Willow? Jesus. Why did she say yes if she wasn't sure? Tiffany? Why the fuck are you calling him? You said he couldn't have you if you weren't the only one! Ugh. Women.
ReplyDeleteI think Donovan should just go play with Shauna. Awww, Donovan's cute smile in the first pic. :D Mm-mm loved that he ate breakfast in his underwear. Hehe, Clark. Clark's hair is one of the EA hairs I like, it looks so sexy on most of the Sims.
She wanted to make Denis happy and fulfill that need she has to please everyone around her. They all have alot to learn.
DeleteTiffany is a little mental right now. O.o
Lol! Yeah, he'd be happier with Shauna... right now anyway.
I knew you'd like Clark's hair after you went on about Mr doctor-man's shower hair. :-)
I'm with Gem. Don has feeling for every girl meets just about, but thinks every girl should only have feelings for him. And he is so clueless about how he leads girls on.
ReplyDeleteWillow obviously made a mistake in getting engaged to her high school sweetheart like that, and I'm glad Don helped her see that. But the way she responded to him telling her she was more special than anyone else...I think I see some trouble coming for Don. He maybe meant what he said, in the moment. But he seems think whichever girl he's with is more special than the others when he's with him, and forgets about them when he's with someone else.
LOL, and I guess Willow is the same, getting caught in the moment and accepting Denis' proposal. For the safety of Simkind, Don and Willow should get together and stay together, and stop breaking hearts all over the place. =P
Mhm. She's right. He's clueless, pretty much, right now about how relationships work.
DeleteShe did. That was a rash decision that will probably only wind up hurting Denis more than a simple 'no' or a 'not now' would've done right after he asked her. Willow is thrilled that she thinks she's Donny's #1. She might be... most of the time. Like you said, correctly, he lives in the moment a little too much.
He learned from the master!
LOL That's probably a good idea.
The spelling of Denis is odd. I can't help but see another word *LOL* bad bad bad
ReplyDeleteDonovan has to get it together. I don't see that happening. His heart's going to break someday and he will have so many 'what-if' moments. Oh well. I am just along for the ride. :)
Rather funny that the thought of losing Willow impacted him so much. She needs to think about what she is doing as well.
oh my word LOL
DeleteHe needs to learn that actions have consequences. He doesn't WANT to hurt anyone, but it's unavoidable. His heart is also in danger.