Monday, December 30, 2013

Uncomplicated 1.7: Well that stinks

Yeah, this is pretty much all I've been doing sims-wise over Christmas break is play this legacy. I have some shots for the next Skye part of the Rose legacy, but they're on my downstairs computer, and it's cold down there with the concrete floor.
I AM planning on releasing a SWNT chapter soon, then I'll do the CLJS one. I'm going to need to create very specific poses for the CLJS one. 
I'm procrastinating.

-----------------------------------

Mia is getting big, and I got some new hairs to use.

I get a notification that the carpool is going to pick her up in an hour just as she goes into labor. (The carpool never comes, btw, and I'm glad for that. It happens every day of her maternity leave, but the car never shows up to annoy me.)

I had a few things lined up for her to do (like buy shares in some of the businesses), but she obviously goes into labor.

Being the senseless sim that she is, she drives herself to the hospital after waiting ages for Tim to run downtown to the car from their house.

*Do not ever drive yourself to the hospital if you think you are in labor!*

Dr. Tim the Enchanter was right! It's a boy!
The day these shots were played was Christmas, and I'd done everything I needed to do (not much, my hubs is the one that cooks) to get ready to go to my family's for the big dinner stuff, so I had some time on my hands ... = play sims.
Hubs walked into the room as I sat and thought aloud, "Hm. I need a boy's name."
He said, "Why not name him Nick since it's Christmas?"
"You're brilliant!"
"I know."
:D

Baby Nick is going to be the only child that's biologically Tim's, so that immediately makes him the heir.
I got to pick his traits: friendly and loner. I have my reasons for making them a wee bit oxymoronic.

Nick makes his presence known, and Tim is happy. Then, in the last pic, I show an example of a common thought of his.

And now: random things I wrote down in my notes:
Moe has a son named Shan, but I didn't write down who the mama was.
Mia gets to level 10 in handiness. That's the first time that's happened to me, and I think it's neat that there's a discount in build mode.
Tim got a raise of $28/hour.
I save the game.

Cute, pointless pics of Nick.

Tim gets a promotion to lvl 8, Infectious Disease Researcher. $240/hour 9-2 MTRF. He's really happy.

What can I say? I just love pics like this.

Then...
Dun dun dun dun! 

-Error Code 12-

Noooooo!!!!!!!
I hate it when this happens. I did a lot of deleting of .bad files, but I still kept getting it. I was all prepared to make some big dramatic thing happen and save the pertinent families from the 'hood and make it so like there was this tragic accident that caused the surviving families to leave town and start up somewhere new, but the "save as"'s started working again. phew. Still, that would've been a cool thing to do.

Mia's midlife crisis is over.

Remember that cute little girl a few chapters back that Levi read to? Maryann Barbarossa. I was planning on having him and her hook up once she aged up, but SP worked too fast for me, and she starts dating Daryl Rao, Levi's half-brother. grrrr.
Prom is coming up.
This is interesting, SP makes up that someone named Lillian Darwin is having to move in Josephine Coastal's house because her Guardian, Preethi Darwin, is soon to die of illness. (I guess just soon to die)

Ultimate teenage chemist's dream come true: Levi discovers the stink juice potion.

Nick ages up. Oh, where has the time gone?
He looks more like his mom imho.

Tim starts teaching him to talk. As always, I'm curious what will be the kid's first word. Newspaper or something along those lines. Interesting.
(and I wanted to show Tim's back tattoo)

That's all for now!

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I get the carpool notification throughtout pregnancy too! I thought it was something I'd done to break the game, glad it's not just me :D

    *Do not ever drive yourself to the hospital if you think you are in labor!* - lol, I'll bear that in mind ;)

    NICK! Brilliant name! Holly for a girl, of course ;) I'm a christmas day baby myself, and my mum thankfully thought Holly was a little too cheesy. I do know several people who were born on the same day, and we all had our first christmas on the maternity ward together. Not that any of us remember it... One of them is a Holly, then there's Charlotte and Steven, too. This is completely irrelevant...

    Nick is cute! And I love the back tattoo! Ew, dreaded error code 12! >:( Been ages since I had one, actually! I do now obsessively save every 20 minutes or so, and quit and re-enter the game every hour and a half ish. So that's probably what's curbed it. Do you use Twallans saver? That can prompt you to save and can even rotate through multiple saves so you always have a fresh backup. I don't use it myself, but the info will all be there on the site and I'm sure someone else knows more details.

    Shuttup.
    Sorry :P
    And I don't blame you for having no other chapters up over the holidays. I think most stories are taking a mini-break for the holidays, it's hard to find time when routines are all messed up like they are! I've had time to write, at least, but not been in game much.
    SHUTTUP!
    Haha, I'm leaving now. :P <(`)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD! Half the reason I complained about that is so that someone, like you, would tell me that I'm not alone. :)
      LOL! I worry about that. One time, I was in premature (yet unproductive thank goodness) labor, and I had to call my grandfather to come and drive me to the hospital because they wouldn't let me drive myself. ... we went so slow it made me crazy.

      I didn't know your birthday was on the 25th! Crap! Well, happy belated birthday, then! :D (how come I didn't see that on fb? did I and I don't remember? that's possible)

      I'm really liking Nick. He's a child and ages to teen the next time I go into play, and he's turning out okay.
      I'm still getting the effing error code 12, but more on that later. ;)
      Yeah, I've heard about that mod, but I hate getting interrupted. I've tried to make a habit of saving at the end of every sim day, naming the save the date and time.

      You don't have to shut up. o.O
      SWNT and CLJS have all the poses made now (and I didn't alter the ones you so graciously made for me. I like em just the way they are)! I just have to get my CPU back from my hubby.
      :)

      Delete
  2. strange that the carpool kept saying it was coming even while she was on leave. Nick--awesome name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a weird thing. Oh well, it's a small bug I can live with.
      :D

      Delete
  3. Heehee, I love when husbands are nice like that. :) I didn't know Tim had a back tattoo! Cool. :D I love tattoos. Hmm I didn't mention this earlier but I was unaware that pregnant Sims could have part time jobs. I guess I never tried it in any of my saves. LOL. Save As is a life saver, I greatly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim has loads of tattoos. I rolled tattoo addict as my 'misc fun'.
      She had a part time job before, then got maternity leave. The problem was that she kept getting the notification for the carpool even though it wasn't going to come.
      I always 'save as' now. For a while on hub's lappy, I didn't, but now I do.

      Delete