Alaric
I'd like to say that university was a breeze, but that would be far from the truth. I scraped by by the skin of my teeth sometimes. I even failed a few courses, having to take them over again. Doing the double major was a beast, but I managed.
I must admit that my failing classes had partly do with those times when Kyra was able to visit. I have no idea how, but the woman gets hotter every time I see her. I sometimes would tease her about how she must have to fight off the guys at SCU by hitting them with a stick. How she only has eyes for me blows my mind.
Plus, I loved how she didn't care about having other people living at my housing.
We couldn't get enough of each other, then or now.
When she wasn't there, I discovered I have a talent for mixing. I uploaded some of my work on SimTunes, and to my surprise, the stuff started selling! I hadn't even left school, and I'd started making a name for myself. All the money I made went into a separate account.
And I started investing, being sure to diversify my portfolio. The more I learned, the more I felt positive I was meant for both business and music.
As for Kyra, she went into fashion, something she tried to impress upon me.
I smirked. "You don't like it?" I wondered if she still thought I belonged in a bowtie and suspenders.
"I just can't decide if you're trying for the rock star look or getting ready for 'talk like a pirate' day."
Plum, I love her. "Well, what if I'm a pirate rock star?" I glanced up at her with a small smile.
I felt the corners of my mouth pinch up in a hidden smile. "Well, then you would have less to grab hold of when we woohoo." I pretended to pay close attention to my Underwater Basket Weaving homework when really I loved watching her cheeks turn pinker.
Plum, I need to marry this woman and put about ten babies inside her. I slammed my pencil down. "Let me prove it to you." I dragged her off to my room to woohoo the plum out of her in my tiny single bed. And on my floor. And desk. And dresser. I might've gotten on my housemates' nerves, but I chalked it up to jealousy.
We get engaged. I took her to a nice restaurant and did the whole 'drop to one knee' thing in front of a bunch of people. Kyra ate it up. When I texted my parents that evening, Mom sent me paragraphs of her gushing about how she was happy.
Finally, I graduated. The Maker didn't get a decent picture, but it doesn't matter.
With my mixing money and investments, I have enough to put a nice down payment on a house. However, finding the right house for both me and Kyra just about had me pulling my hair out. At last, something we could agree on went on the market. I snatched it up.
"I can't believe it's really ours," Kyra says when we, at last, finish closing on the house. "Are you sure it's the right one?"
"Kyra, if we want something else, it's a bit late. We bought this house." The only thing I don't really like about it is that it only has three bedrooms. I wasn't kidding about the ten kids thing. It also has a small yard, but that weighed less than the only three bedrooms. I guess we can get bunk beds.
Kyra and I have talked about having kids. She wants them too, but I don't think she realizes I want as many as she feels she can handle... plus three more.
Kyra continues lamenting. "All this avocado green is going to made me nauseated. We seriously need to go through every room in the house and redo them." Of course, when she says 'we,' she means just her. I'll be allowed to put in my input, but truly, she can do just about anything she wants.
"After the wedding," I remind her. I turn and smile, and I experience one of those moments in life when you realize what's happening is actually happening.
I'm going to marry Kyra Joyson, and we're going to live here in this house. We're going to have babies in this house. We're going to make babies in this house.
I think she figures out the line of my thoughts--because we go upstairs without saying another word.
The next morning, I'm not online ten minutes before my Aunt Isabella pounces on me. She offers her congratulations on everything then immediately starts putting forth my cousin Benjamin as a prospective talent for my it-hasn't-happened-yet music label. I haven't even hired a single employee!
Still, the early bird and all... I tell her to put together a video demo of him and send it to me. She acts thrilled.
Then, to my surprise, I get it in the next five minutes! She'd already had one made!
Not sure if pushing him on me is a good thing or a bad thing, I open it. He's not half bad. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he's good. I don't detect much in his voice, if anything, that would need fixing with auto-tune. It's crystal clear; I'm almost jealous. And with the combo of his dark skin and sky blue eyes, he could be heartthrob city with only a little help on his image.
Well, plum, I think--not in a bad way. Nepotism for the win.
I don't respond to Aunt Isabella right away, just to be sure, but I think I 'found' my first talent once I can get the label up and running. Hm. Benjamin Love. Mr. Love. Dr. Love. Ben in Love. Eh, if there's some kind of catchy name to use, it'll come to me. Who knows, maybe Ben himself has a few ideas. I guess I'll finally get to know this otherwise-stranger cousin of mine.
I give it three days, then I tell her that I'd be happy to sign him as soon as I can get the label going, which will be after my honeymoon.
And now wedding pictures, as in only the pictures, because the Maker hates trying to write weddings:
Even Diamond and Valentino came.
There weren't many good pictures taken, but it was a gold-level wedding.
Now to get to making those babies...
-----------------------------------------------
A/N: So that was about 15-expected-at-first chapters slapped all together into one. University on campus is a pain in the butt because he was always late to class, making his grade drop. Ugh. Not doing that again.






















No comments:
Post a Comment